Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

I'm very glad that it'll be such an extensive release; the plethora of tracks and arrangements will make me a happy camper. I recently picked up the X Hunters' album, and it just intensified my craving to hear what the OC ReMix community comes up with!

I'm very glad that it'll be such an extensive release; the plethora of tracks and arrangements will make me a happy camper. I recently picked up the X Hunters' album, and it just intensified my craving to hear what the OC ReMix community comes up with!

I was a bit disappointed that their album is just short covers, as it seems they got the tools to do more with the music.

Got a WIP from Devastus (courtesy of the GMRB competition going on), and he told me he has an even more updated version. For those who haven't heard it, go check out the GMRB Round 1 X bracket tracks! You'll also get to hear Willrock's too!

Also got a promised wav on the way for Friday, as well as XSTmusic being quite close to finishing.

2 months until the music should be ready for mastering. Get ready, it's going to be a long two months for everyone!

I was a bit disappointed that their album is just short covers, as it seems they got the tools to do more with the music.

Right; their tracks are well-done for what they are, and I greatly appreciate the fact that a good, metal MMX cover band exists, but it's all very straightforward and over pretty quickly. So I'm really looking forward to hearing them expanded and reinterpreted OCR style, especially if Devastus and WillRock's GMRB tracks are any indication.

you make an album dedicated to the ENTIRE MMX SERIES, then allow for repeats. That's just the way it was going to roll out.

I don't mean to come off as a ginormous dick, buuuuut....well....it's not really the entire series.

I mean, some games have much more representation than other games.

Eh, what can I say. MMX1 is incredibly popular.

It is disappointing in a lot of ways, as there are a lot of nice sources in the series not taken like Doppler Stage 1 (X3), Wheel Gator (X2), Wire Sponge (X2), Crystal Snail (X2), X-Hunter Stage 2 (X2)/Gate's Laboratory Stage (X6), Ruins'n Vains (X7), Bomb Recovery (X7), Inferno ~ Descending (X8 ), Booster Forest (X8 ), Volt Catfish (X3), Web Spider (X4), Grizzly Slash (X5), Blaze Heatnix (X6), and Sigma 2 (X6).

It's not like I can take a gun to someone's head and force them to do all desired tracks...or I guess I could and be labeled a psycho :lol:

Wire Sponge (X2)

Oh man, awesome song I forgot about

Although I guess I'm not that saddened about X7 and X8. I mean, the originals were already played using live instrumentals, whereas the SNES games and X4 and X5 didn't. Really, part of it for me is looking forward to old sound hardware brought to life.

But the Maverick Competition has me loving re-arrangements and songs done in different styles.

Not that I didn't before, but, you know, most songs here are from the NES and SNES era.

But, yeah, can't force people to do certain songs. You can pester them to get tracks done, though :)

Just added Gario's and prophetik's GMRB mixes to the count for the album - both did a nice job, which you can download in the zip linked to in this thread: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31266

There is polishing to be done, so we may not see a final wav immediately, but both are welcome to sub a wav to me whenever they're comfortable with their songs.

I know a triple post is in bad form, but Willrock has a bitching rendition of The Skiver & Infinity Mijinion - you'll all get to hear it when round 2 of the GMRB voting starts!

In other news, got a WIP for BONKERS' Dr. Light medley & for Skummel's Flame Stag - things are looking pretty good here, people are putting in good effort.

For a more general status of things - the end of December is a hard deadline. For those not done by then, their tracks will likely be cut unless they work to get the tracks in asap & are close to done. I want to see this ready for release by late January at worst.

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History