Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

I'm not sure when the release will be, but it will be before April I hope before I ship out to boot camp.

It could be that the first preview track was clipped from an mp3. I don't remember when I did each one so it's hard to say. The guitar isn't a sample though, that's him playing :razz:

Oops! Poor choice of words; I meant "first preview". And...APRIL?! I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this wait is KILLING me. And it gets bumped to "before APRIL?!" OUCH. I know you guys are doing the best you can...I can't WAIT to have that Blizzard Buffalo pumping out of my speakers...that's my most anticipated track PERIOD.

Boot Camp, eh? Good luck!

Honestly, I'm hoping it's out before April - I ship out to boot camp April 4th, so I wouldn't be able to help with last minute details/promotion. There's no guarantee either way about dates though, as some albums have been waiting for months (Sonic and Pokemon come to mind).

So it looks like a few people will be a little late in getting finished tracks into early January, which isn't ideal but it will have to do. On the plus side we will see them finished, some people who many haven't heard of so I definitely want to see them on board. It seems like there's going to be some wavs coming in the next day or two, which was unavoidable on retrospect.

Lastly, Vurez sent me a wav for Sting Chameleon tonight! There's a lot of goodness, and you'll all get to enjoy it with the rest of the tracks in a few months! Just try not to spill any drool while listening to these tracks when it comes out :wink: .

Hey hey! Happy new decade,

I am about to finish up the sigma track this weekend and put the vinishing touches on vile soon too. Shortly after I will be mastering everyone's tracks. But first I will be previewing them to see if they are any issues. If there are, I will either get in touch with bahamut to get in touch with anyone that might need to send me a fix if needed.

I know there were a lot of people uneasy about someone else mastering their music as I would be too. The main reason I have been chosen is because of the gear I use to master.

Just an FYI

I use the sonic-core platform which has been around nearly as long as protools HD. it was actually a competitor for it using dsp chips (sharc processors) in the early to mid 90s! These plugins rival most hardware and still, to my ears, nothing matches them in the native world. Even most powercore and uad plugins don't quite hit the same quality mark (universal audio is JUST NOW using sharc processors for the uad-2 platform)

So I am saying this because when it comes to mastering, it really is the quality of the gear/hardware/plugins you are using even more than the knowledge. Just feel safe in knowing that your tracks will be running through some of the most transparent eqs/compressors/limiters known to man <3

Happy New Year to everyone!

Good to see what bLiNd mentions here.

I also should note that only one extra person got in a wav before 2011 - it seems like some people want to buy as much time as possible. As I've mentioned, when the mastering is done, I won't take anymore tracks - we'll be queued for release and the last thing I want is a possible delay of release until I am away and in boot camp. That will not be tolerated.

In more positive news, it was Gario who handed me his final wav last night of Final Weapon Stage 1! I also got a few almost done WIPs yesterday as well.

I can't wait to see everything completed!

yea, i do more than trance for sure but i enjoy making the dance music the best. I have worked with recording bands, composed orchestra music, rock, ambient, pop/jazz stuff. Mixed AND Mastered in all genres and I also actually use UAD plugins to mix/master as well. I will make sure to do my best with each track and if there are issues with any just let me know. Hopefully I can personally talk to everyone about the masters I complete for them.

Oh my God, I just sat down to listen to as much of the album that I have access to, and it's fuckin'... wow. Especially listening to some of those unposted names (Washudoll, Devastus, I'm lookin' at you, here) as well as some of the more obvious picks (*cough*Sixtohalc*cough*) I can tell you that there are some EXTREMELY GOOD tracks on here.

That's only the tracks that I can get a hold of on the WIP forums, too - I can only imagine what the rest of the album sounds like, here. I am eagerly awaiting what's coming, here. Sorry for gushing praise prematurely, but I am fucking excited about it.

Indeed, you did a solid job on it. In addition to DJ SymBiotiX finishing his track, Gario also gave me two more wavs yesterday!

I'm still expecting between 10-20 more wavs (rough estimate). If they don't come, of course we're still going to move on towards release as we have a lot of awesome stuff as it is. If anything, less tracks will make this an easier listen in one go :lol: .

So I was listening to the Final Preview again, and I cannot wait until the release. There are some of the songs in the preview that I don't really care for and I felt could be reinterpreted much better, but there are a lot that I really like, including some of the metal tracks, and that is definitely not my favorite genre. I just want to say good job to the contributing artists, even those I have not heard, if the final preview is any indication, I have a lot of great music to look forward to come release time, I haven't been this excited since I bought MMX Collection 6 years ago. This is probably my favorite video game series of all time, so you guys can probably feel my excitement :)

Brad now speaks in the third person :razz: .

So prophetik sent me a wav, and so did The OverClocked Plaid Muffins last night!

I anticipate a prolific wav day as everyone prepares to get their tracks in before the advent of completion. I'm excited & amped up as we draw down closer to finishing everything!

Edit: Tonight has been productive, although I was expecting 2 more wavs than I got. Can't complain though, Torzelan finished his track, and the surprise newcomer Chuck Dietz as well! I recommend you all check out his YouTube page here: http://www.youtube.com/user/fhatsk8er - its got some nice videos, especially one of my favorites being this cover

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History