Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

Dyne will handle the endgame duties - I already briefed him on everything that needs to be done so we shouldn't be missing a beat here.

Hey dude...good luck in boot camp, and thanks for heading this up and keeping us updated so well in what's going on!

Hey guys, sorry I've been away from the community for so long, just noticed that Nitroflasher put up some new compositions for MMX: Corrupted, and I thought that I'd pop in and see how the ReMix collection was going...looks fantastic so far...can't wait till it's released.

Hello everyone, I am closing in on finalizing the website for this project but I need a few things from those involved in the project.

First things first, we need to honor the director, Bahamut. Not only for his hard work on the project, but especially for the fact that he is making such a great sacrifice and will be gone at Boot Camp most likely during the release of the final product. If someone in the community who knows him better than I do could write up a paragraph about him and his involvement in the project, and his overall impact on the OCRemix community, I would love to include it on the site.

Second, I wrote a small introduction for the homepage:

Maverick Rising is the XX album published by OverClocked ReMix. It is comprised of music from the entire Megaman X series of games, a series which spans over 17 years.

This ambitious project, from director Bahamut, features over 60 tracks across 5 discs with remixes from nearly every game in the series.

If you think this could be better (and it definitely could be better) please help me write it. I also need a longer, more descriptive 'about the album' paragraph for the 'about' page.

Third, I need to track down Dominic Ninmark. He did the album art, as well as a few tracks on the album. I have an 'about the artist' section on the album art page which he can have a small bio in if he wishes.

Finally, if there are any special thanks anybody would like to make, send them my way. I have a section for them.

The best way to submit any of these things if you wish to contribute is via PM or User Message, but I will also regularly check this forum post as well.

Thank you very much!

Maverick Rising is the XX album published by OverClocked ReMix. It is comprised of music from the entire Megaman X series of games, a series which spans over 17 years.

Entire: Should be removed because the music doesn't cover the offshoots that still fall under the X series, like Xtreme, Xtreme 2, Command Mission.

17 years: Looks to be the series last game was in 2006, so closer to 13 years.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mega_Man_X_(Series)

This ambitious project, from director Bahamut, features over 60 tracks across 5 discs with remixes from nearly every game in the series.

from director Bahamut: Should be left out since it will be noted in the notes, on the webpage as director, etc. If it must be kept, then the information should be added to the amount of ReMixers on the project, or the amount of time the music adds up to, 5 hours of music or such.

It would also be helpful to be more exact, instead of Over 60 tracks, 61, 62 63.

Instead of "nearly every game in the series" a quick listing of the games. Since this will be on the homepage, it seems easy to add a list with hyperlinks. Even a numbering of how many tracks per game, As described at the first post in this thread.

Entire: Should be removed because the music doesn't cover the offshoots that still fall under the X series, like Xtreme, Xtreme 2, Command Mission.

17 years: Looks to be the series last game was in 2006, so closer to 13 years.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mega_Man_X_(Series)

from director Bahamut: Should be left out since it will be noted in the notes, on the webpage as director, etc. If it must be kept, then the information should be added to the amount of ReMixers on the project, or the amount of time the music adds up to, 5 hours of music or such.

It would also be helpful to be more exact, instead of Over 60 tracks, 61, 62 63.

Instead of "nearly every game in the series" a quick listing of the games. Since this will be on the homepage, it seems easy to add a list with hyperlinks. Even a numbering of how many tracks per game, As described at the first post in this thread.

All good things, exactly what I need.

I'll be implementing these suggestions immediately. TANKS!

It is comprised of music from the entire Megaman X series of games

This makes it sound like you actually took music from the game rather than ReMixed/Arranged it. May want to reword it.

Comprising of music arrangements from the Megaman X series of games.

After the amount of years, might as well mention it also spans a multitude of gaming systems.

Ambitious is a good description, however that should fall into the bigger credits area as with the director. Rather than the first bit of info on the front when people see the page.

This project features 64 tracks by 43 ReMixers spanning 5 discs totaling 3 hours of ReMixes from nearly every game in the series, including bonus tracks.

Just random thoughts.

It is comprised of music from the entire Megaman X series of games

This makes it sound like you actually took music from the game rather than ReMixed/Arranged it. May want to reword it.

Comprising of music arrangements from the Megaman X series of games.

After the amount of years, might as well mention it also spans a multitude of gaming systems.

Ambitious is a good description, however that should fall into the bigger credits area as with the director. Rather than the first bit of info on the front when people see the page.

This project features 64 tracks by 43 ReMixers spanning 5 discs totaling 3 hours of ReMixes from nearly every game in the series, including bonus tracks.

Just random thoughts.

Contributions added. THANKS!

This project is going to kick ass! Can't wait to hear these remixes because I've grown tired of the insane focus on Mega Man X1 (especially Storm Eagle's stage). The X series in general has such excellent music. My only minor disappointment is that there's not much X8 love here. Seriously, even though it's the most recent installment, the music is some of the best in the series. Lots of really cool tracks, including:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzaN0lBT0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlT8Hl8pdQU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8u5TsyBtFU

Nonetheless, you can't win 'em all. Happy to see you guys giving it your all. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History