Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

Man I can't wait until the end of October so I can hear the 100% final product (I'm stuck out by Camp Lejeune for infantry training - been sleeping out in the field for the past week while doing fun stuff like firing an M16A4 at night, throwing hand grenades, and firing a rocket & grenade launcher).

I'm happy with the final priduct though - we got a kickass album on our hands that is sure to rock your world! There is a lot of great work done by everyone, so much thanks to all for bearing with me & Emunator, who also deserves much credit, as well as my greatest appreciation, for being able to pick up with what I have not been in the position to do. Like zyko, I'm going to make the bold claim that it is one of the strongest albums to come from the community yet, but I'll let you all be the judge of that when it hits :) .

It's possible to have quality AND quantity, I think MMX proved that -- It also has a lot of diversity, but the definitive MegaMan sound is intact with each song, that is to say the remixes were done well, they fit amongst each other. :-)

That's good to hear! The previews have sounded absolutely amazing, so if that's any indication of the album as a whole, it should be epic.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, we got several albums coming out before MR, so you'll have a bit of a wait before this releases. Fear not though, the album is still 100% done and ready! I'd expect MR early next year.

:cry: That's sad, with it being 100% done and all it'd be nice to hear it before next year. Oh well. I wish we had a thread though that had a rough timeline for the album queue, so we have an idea of what's coming up next.

I believe that'd be Super Dodge Ball and Donkey Kong Country 3 projects.

Nope. I'm not sure how much liberty I have to talk about upcoming releases (not because we want to keep that info private, necessarily, but just because it's so tentative and we don't want to give anybody false hope about a project releasing earlier than we can actually get it out) but DKC3 is definitely not coming out before Maverick Rising.

:cry: That's sad, with it being 100% done and all it'd be nice to hear it before next year. Oh well. I wish we had a thread though that had a rough timeline for the album queue, so we have an idea of what's coming up next.

Heh, albums are usually done audio-wise way ahead of release. NiGHTS was done nearly 8 months before the album came out. With the current amount of albums lined up for release (there are at least three or four that got in before Maverick Rising was turned in for album eval), we generally don't give timelines on where things are in the process. Some times are better than others for staff to attend to things, just because real life is unexpected. Rather than give people the impression that something is imminent*, these things are kept private for the benefit of both OCR and the fans/consumers.

That being said, this is probably the current top priority album for album eval. The size of it makes it quite difficult to tackle but it is being chipped away at. Even if this is likely to wait until early next year to post, what a better way to potentially kick off the year, right? There's still plenty in the pipeline for the rest of '11, too.

*exception being when albums have specified release dates as part of their scope, scheduled to coincide with some special date.

Yeah I know these things take time, and it's not like anyone is getting paid to create/evaluate these things, so we don't really have any room to complain. I just meant it would be nice if there was a fluid thread that listed the album queue as it stood at that time, with an expected release window (a few months give or take?).

It's not like I would get mad and rage over a release date being "missed", but I could see where some people might get upset... I just want to know what's coming up down the line :mrgreen:

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History