Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

• 2 weeks later...
I never realized he posted it, being away at boot camp and all - enjoy one of the project mixes, courtesy of Chuck Dietz:
Just a reminder that Cyril's song Crushing Gravity can be found on YouTube as well:

Gonna ask this as candidly as possible: doesn't this effectively constitute a precedent that it is now acceptable to leak project tracks ahead of the release?

Again, just an honest query on my part, no harm intended.

Gonna ask this as candidly as possible: doesn't this effectively constitute a precedent that it is now acceptable to leak project tracks ahead of the release?

Again, just an honest query on my part, no harm intended.

It has happened in the past, even with previous album projects. It happened for quite a few tracks for Serious Monkey Business, and even before then.

It has happened in the past, even with previous album projects. It happened for quite a few tracks for Serious Monkey Business, and even before then.

I hear ya Wes, but there were also times when such confidentiality issues stirred up drama.

Thus my question: has it now become acceptable to release project tracks early outside of OCR?

I hear ya Wes, but there were also times when such confidentiality issues stirred up drama.

Thus my question: has it now become acceptable to release project tracks early outside of OCR?

Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. I remember being a bit miffed at it happening for Serious Monkey Business, but I've grown personally more lax and accepting over it over time. I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.

Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. I remember being a bit miffed at it happening for Serious Monkey Business, but I've grown personally more lax and accepting over it over time. I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.

I was kind of miffed about it with SoS too, but then I realized that it was a really good way to drum up excitement for the album itself (as we're seeing here.)

YEAH IT'S GOOD TO KNOW IN ADVANCE if directors are cool about it, apparently keeping tracks secret is one of the unwritten rules of projects. It'd be good if it were written. But I also agree about the promotional aspect of it, as did Rozovian, when he gave me permission to send Mirage to Songs for the Cure - Reiki. :-)

keeping tracks secret is one of the unwritten rules of projects.
Yeah, and one that can be difficult to grasp for a newcomer, since it's hardly ever mentioned. That's the point I was trying to make.
Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. [...] I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.
Thanks for clarifying things on that subject Wes. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History