Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

SwordBreaker: Maybe later there will be a second project which will focus on the missed music/stages of this one, making the games that didn't get covered as much get covered and the ones that did only get tracks done for the missed robot masters/stages. One can dream.

SwordBreaker: Maybe later there will be a second project which will focus on the missed music/stages of this one, making the games that didn't get covered as much get covered and the ones that did only get tracks done for the missed robot masters/stages. One can dream.

It also has to do with the popularity of the game. I had a SNES when MMX 1, 2, and 3 came out, so I played the hell out of those and loved the music. I didn't get a PlayStation until years after MMX 4, 5, and 6 came out, so I didn't have the opportunity to grow and love those titles' music as much. By the time MMX 7 and 8 were out, I had moved on to other franchises and couldn't really keep up with MMX anymore.

It also has to do with the popularity of the game. I had a SNES when MMX 1, 2, and 3 came out, so I played the hell out of those and loved the music. I didn't get a PlayStation until years after MMX 4, 5, and 6 came out, so I didn't have the opportunity to grow and love those titles' music as much. By the time MMX 7 and 8 were out, I had moved on to other franchises and couldn't really keep up with MMX anymore.

I agree, I also had and played the first three religiously whenever I had my SNES, I was also fortunate enough to get X4 for my Playstation on my ninth birthday. I was never exposed to 5,6,7, or 8 until I bought my PS2 and got X Collection, it was after that that I began to track down the remaining games in the series, and since lost interest in them. I still only play 1-4 on occasion.

I think after this project I'll never want to touch the MMX series again. So. Many. Tracks.

Well, all besides a rousing broadway-style musical about the lost love interest between Mega Man and Zero, as well as the story about what Zero is fighting foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor. :nicework:

Hey, that is the quote I chose for his bio.

Comprising of music arrangements from the Megaman X series of games.

Watch the usage of "comprise." While the above usage has become fairly common, it's technically correct to say that "This is an album comprising music arrangements from the Mega Man X series," or "This album comprises music arrangements..."

Alternately, you could say that "This album consists of..." or "This album is composed of music arrangements."

After reviewing the tracks, it is not going to be time effective to master this whole thing. A lot of different mixing styles in the selection make for extra work. Also every other project before this one has been mastered by the artists for each individual track. I believe it is better to stay consistent with OCR as a whole than to try something new and waste time when it isn't realistic. Not to mention 78 tracks would take me way too much time. Some tracks are already mastered and there are several indiscrepancies in the tracks that will defeat the purpose of mastering everything as a whole.

I currently am working on something I am contracted for and that is priority so in order for me to prioritize and be fair to everyone so this project can be out on time, I have to withdraw from mastering and ask everyone to polish their own mixdowns. Sorry if this causes some issues with everyone but it's just too big of a task at the moment and won't be worth it in the end.

Know this though, when I am done with what I am doing you will see why I had to choose. Be good <3

i'm fine with mastering my own track if need be, can the project directors post some general guidelines to adhere to so we can all individually master yet aim for some consistency? something like a second of silence preceding and proceeding your track(s). blind said some already mastered their tracks so if we continue on this route we can still aim for an imminent release date

After reviewing the tracks, it is not going to be time effective to master this whole thing. A lot of different mixing styles in the selection make for extra work. Also every other project before this one has been mastered by the artists for each individual track. I believe it is better to stay consistent with OCR as a whole than to try something new and waste time when it isn't realistic. Not to mention 78 tracks would take me way too much time. Some tracks are already mastered and there are several indiscrepancies in the tracks that will defeat the purpose of mastering everything as a whole.

I currently am working on something I am contracted for and that is priority so in order for me to prioritize and be fair to everyone so this project can be out on time, I have to withdraw from mastering and ask everyone to polish their own mixdowns. Sorry if this causes some issues with everyone but it's just too big of a task at the moment and won't be worth it in the end.

Know this though, when I am done with what I am doing you will see why I had to choose. Be good <3

bLiNd and I have been talking about this, and I understand his reasons for not being able to master the album. So, I must ask that anyone who hasn't already mastered their track to please do so, and send it to me at this address: dyne2057@gmail.com; as soon as is possible given your schedules. I need to cut off any new tracks by April 8 in order to give OCR time to evaluate tracks and prepare for the release.

If you have any questions, concerns, or any other issues, please email me as well via dyne2057@gmail.com.

I will be happy to work with you as best as possible.

Thank you!

bLiNd and I have been talking about this, and I understand his reasons for not being able to master the album. So, I must ask that anyone who hasn't already mastered their track to please do so, and send it to me at this address: dyne2057@gmail.com; as soon as is possible given your schedules. I need to cut off any new tracks by April 8 in order to give OCR time to evaluate tracks and prepare for the release.

If you have any questions, concerns, or any other issues, please email me as well via dyne2057@gmail.com.

I will be happy to work with you as best as possible.

Thank you!

Ooops! I pmed on facebook but I'll resend the links to your email! :-D

Give up on the idea of having a consistent volume... If you try to edit the volume of a mastered wav, you're just going to end up with an annoying slew of audio defects. :-(

Not to mention they're all different genres and styles so the perceived volume would be different regardless.

The best option is to just get the best master for each individual song. :3

Its not hard to get them all even, but it detracts from the genres involved quite a bit. Why lower the volume of a slammin rock song cuz the bass is lower than a heavy low end electronica mix? Dance music definitely raises RMS levels a lot because of the bass. The main thing that is important is getting the same volume curves throughout average eq of each song. This is why its better to put genres together and master those perceived cds separately.

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History