Nintendo: New Zelda Out This Year

The Damned

http://kotaku.com/5441242/report-new-zelda-out-by-end-of-2010-first-ds-successor-details?skyline=true&s=x

Wow. That seems kind of quick. Maybe it's because we just got Spirit Tracks, but even without it, it's only been, what? Three years since Twilight Princess? That's a little soon considering the average release period for the series.

But OK, no problem, I'll take it.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP, I'm not listening to your pessimism, go away , NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH.

It ain't pessimism, it's a highly probable guess based on historical facts... assuming that it isn't reusing the Twilight Princess code, and it's a full blown Zelda console game (not DS or spin-off and/or minigame collection.)

When will the Wii Motion plus support be announced?

It was announced a long time ago.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994637p1.html

Anyway, if the game does make 2010, I hope the quality doesn't suffer seeing as 4 years seems like a short development for a completely new (not using the same engine) Zelda title. Unless they started before Twilight Princess was finished.

I'd worry more about the fans. Why? Because half of the Zelda fanboys will be talking about how the personified Master Sword is obviously a girl and thus it makes her and Link a love interest, leading to disturbing rule 34.

The other half will carry on their pathetic fight about timelines and yell at anyone that even looks in their direction, taking it as a personal attack against everything they know undunderstand.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not time for a total "betrayal" of the series, such that it makes the worst fanboys leave forever. Then after they're gone, it goes back to being good, and the remaining fans can enjoy it again.

Man, I have no idea what this game is going to be like. It has motion plus, and, well, it's probably going to come out in 2011. We've been through this before. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a sincere way.

Oh, and about storylines - Well, I consider all Zelda games different retellings of the same story. Do that, and you'll be a happy Zelda fan.

Oh, and about storylines - Well, I consider all Zelda games different retellings of the same story. Do that, and you'll be a happy Zelda fan.

That's quite a stretch for games like Link's Awakening or Wind Waker.

Anyways, until more info comes out, I'm not that excited. I'm expecting Twilight Princess with a gimmick ala Majora's Mask (Ocarina of Time with a gimmick).

I'm not interested in the Zelda series anymore. All they do is copy zelda 1 from the old nintendo system, and upgrade the graphics. I'm not blowing my money anymore on games that borrow and reinterpret the gameplay style like many other games that I have played over ten years ago. :S

This could be said of a lot of games in retrospect. Castlevania/Metroid/Metroidvania, Megaman, Devil May Cry/GoW, Resident Evil/Silent Hill/other horror titles to name some...

This could be said of a lot of games in retrospect. Castlevania/Metroid/Metroidvania, Megaman, Devil May Cry/GoW, Resident Evil/Silent Hill/other horror titles to name some...

True, but i feel Zelda is the worst of them all. While the series you mentioned are guilty of doing it too, i can say for Castlevania, DMC and RE that they have done something different over the years, and always have a different protagonist, or take place somewhere else.

With Zelda, i REALLY feel like i'm playing the same game over and over again. Couple of dungeons, scary twist, Master Sword, more dungeons, boss. Again, it can be said for a lot of series. I'm just saying that I've got the feeling that Zelda is the series that hardly tries. Same thing i had with Mario Sunshine and Mario 64. It's same shit, different day, honestly...

I hope the quality doesn't suffer seeing as 4 years seems like a short development for a completely new (not using the same engine) Zelda title. Unless they started before Twilight Princess was finished.

You were being sarcastic right? Because four years is considered to be anything but a short development cycle even when doing a game from scratch with a new engine. Plenty of talented developers manage to do just that in less time.

I'll get excited if Nintendo decides to make a game other than Ocarina of Time this time around. Unless it's on the DS anyway. I could do without ever using the touch screen to control everything ever again after Phantom Hourglass.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not time for a total "betrayal" of the series, such that it makes the worst fanboys leave forever. Then after they're gone, it goes back to being good, and the remaining fans can enjoy it again.

I vote they make a God of War style game where you play as a Ganon lookalike character who uses the Triforce of Power to brutally rip apart Zelda's iron fist rule of Hyrule using the Triforce of Wisdom with Link as the commander of her armies of tyranny. It's called The Legend of Zelda: Queen of Death, as Zelda rules from Death Mountain.

No way. We need a game where you play as Zelda/Sheik, and use all sorts of magic and ninja skills to overcome puzzles and enemies, with the whole world being a single, open level. Sheik could hurls needles and use her chain to Spider Man around the levels (also have wall-crawling, maybe. See? Totally Spider Man), while Zelda could cast devastating fireballs and tornadoes around, and maybe use a magical sword of the royal family (not the Master Sword, though). The goal would be to save her kingdom from Ganon, of course.

I vote they make a God of War style game where you play as a Ganon lookalike character who uses the Triforce of Power to brutally rip apart Zelda's iron fist rule of Hyrule using the Triforce of Wisdom with Link as the commander of her armies of tyranny. It's called The Legend of Zelda: Queen of Death, as Zelda rules from Death Mountain.
I still want to see a Metroidvania prequel to OoT where you play as the young and noble Ganondorf on a quest to save his people.

ffffffffff

No way. We need a game where you play as Zelda/Sheik, and use all sorts of magic and ninja skills to overcome puzzles and enemies, with the whole world being a single, open level. Sheik could hurls needles and use her chain to Spider Man around the levels (also have wall-crawling, maybe. See? Totally Spider Man), while Zelda could cast devastating fireballs and tornadoes around, and maybe use a magical sword of the royal family (not the Master Sword, though). The goal would be to save her kingdom from Ganon, of course.

Would you be able to save it in time for -DINNER-?