Nintendo: New Zelda Out This Year

The Damned

I'd suggest Link getting pink hair again, but then again, people have been clamoring that the series needs to move away from the LttP formula.

Ah well.

What I'd like for this Zelda game is for it to be one of two things:

1. A completely different take on the mythos and standards of the series, morphing the familiar realm of Hyrule into something entirely new to experience

2. A fine-tuned refinement of the classic Zelda formula, ironing out all of those annoying kinks that have been present since OoT

I think if they took the second approach seriously, we'd have a game rivaling LttP as the greatest of Zelda games (though my favorite is MM by far, no one can argue that the GREATEST was the standard-setting LttP).

The first approach, well, I just can't imagine where they can take the series to utterly surprise me. But Wind Waker utterly surprised me...

I do kinda hope that they shake up the art style. Everything has either been TP-style or WW style for YEARS now. Whereas every previous Zelda game had a different artstyle.

Tenchi Muyo! actually ends with him marrying all of the girls, if you read the extra releases from the creator. The most recent spinoff, Isekai, will probably show it at some point.

I know I didn't want to give it away that easily. 8)

Nonetheless I can't see nintendo promoting polygamy unless done very discreetly; cmon they started off as a card company to making awesome games with a rich history in our lives, why not be the first major company in the public eye to make eroge/dating sim games. That is unless you count Harvest Moon/Rune Factory(?) along those lines. :lol:

Yes I remember the "recent" Persona games but technically that's just a bonus/annoyance to some. :wink:

Tenchi Muyo! actually ends with him marrying all of the girls, if you read the extra releases from the creator. The most recent spinoff, Isekai, will probably show it at some point.

Thanks, you just saved me from watching/reading those last bits.

I'm not being sarcastic, I really am thanking you. I just can't bare to watch anymore of that series. The last movie and the spin-offs ruined it for me.

I just saved hours of watching crap!

Off topic, I tried watching Tenchi Muyo Universe just to see what the series is all about, but Tenchi's voice turned me off in the first episode.

Then there was that one villain with the laughably small glasses (how does he use them???)...

But I digress.

Since this is (I think) the tenth anniversary of Majora's Mask, wouldn't it be nice to have this game be its spiritual successor? Kinda like how TP was an updated OoT, this new Zelda game can kinda try to go for what MM was going for, but in a much bigger way...

In the story department, I think PH was decidedly lacking outside of Linebeck. ST is MUCH better, but I think they need to make better villains than "anonymous evil force that lacks personality"; I mean, Majora only had one game to make an impression, and heck, he MADE an impression (certainly made his mark on Termina), whereas Bellum did not. Early Gan[n]on was like this, but this is kinda excusable due to the nature of SNES/NES games.

However, I will agree that the DS games are very very fun, and have some of the best boss design I've seen in the Zelda series in a good while. ST is probably the best-designed Zelda in terms of Dungeon layout and just general overworld exploring since Wind Waker, I think.

I just don't mean quirky, in an odd gameplay mechanic sort of way, I kinda mean that it has some level of character interaction (which I know is highly unlikely and hard to replicate without the three day system) and that splash of the macabre (which I think TP only had in a few places) that makes a game like MM memorable.

Yeah, I know that. And I try to plan my route, but then they'll switch tracks while I'm not looking, and suddenly I need to hit reverse, and then I get pincered.

And they don't stop moving when they get damaged. They just slow down a bit... To about as fast as you can go in reverse.

It feels like trying to cut through their routes is a losing battle, and one should just plot the longest route around them.

Also a good way to avoid trains is to park yourself on the small part of a T intersection that the evil train can't go. Easy evasion.

Also, later in the game I think (though i'm not sure) you can go and change the date of your DS by one day, and it changes which regions have trains and which don't.