Jedi Academy Wed Night

Sinewav

Here we go... about to set up the server. My IP address is...

If you want to join before 7pm, be my guest. If there are any problems, post here or contact me via Steam (username sinewav).

============================================================================

Ok so here's the plan: Jedi Academy, 7pm EST Wednesday Jan 13, 2010.

We'll keep with the basics for now...

Free for All

Force Level: Jedi Master

Guns and Sabers

Kill Limit per Map: 30

Don't forget to get the Official Bonus Maps and install the 1.01 Patch, if you're not already running that version.

Now as far as connecting to the game goes, it gets a little weird without a dedicated server. As best I can tell, I think I'll need to set up the game, then post my IP address here. Then you guys will hit join game, pick "favorites" under "Source" (at the top), then click "new favorite" and enter my IP address.

This seems to be the only way I can tell to do it, but I haven't tested it yet. Can anyone confirm if this will work? Or does anyone wanna try it out tonight so we're not struggling to get things in the 11th hour?

I heard a number of you guys mentioning that you bought the Jedi Knight Pack during the Steam holiday sale. This is one of my all-time favorite multiplayer game series. I remember when I was younger, I'd play Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight for at least 3-4 hours a day. When Jedi Outcast came out, I must have played twice that amount. Just today, I just re-installed Jedi Outcast, and I'm having a freaking awesome time with it. Just as fun as I remember.

So does anyone wanna get together and have an OCR match with one of these games? (I'm still trying to get back into the swing of it, so no need to feel intimidated by my expertise. :-)) I'd be cool with mods or custom maps too, if anyone has that preference. And maybe if it goes well, we could make it a regular, Clan OCR type thing. That would be kick-ass.

tl;dr?

I wanna play one of the Jedi Knight games with you guys. Post here, and we'll figure out the details.

Used to play Jedi Knight quite a bit back in the day. It was also one of the first games I played online in the 90's, using some shitty multiplayer service website from Microsoft. The last part of the series was Jedi Academy and has become an obscurity due to never getting any reprints. I think it was the most fun of the bunch for multiplayer, had the most developed lightsaber combat at the time.

They really ought to get Raven to make a new one.

While I don't have Jedi Academy currently, I'd acquire a copy if people are going to play.

Are the Academy levels balanced for non-saber users? I like to play with a good mix of sabers and blasters -- some of the dark force powers are amazing with guns :P

My personal favorite map is the city map from JK2 with all of the opportunities to push and shove people off btw...but most people probably won't like it because you die a ton (force push kills).

While I don't have Jedi Academy currently, I'd acquire a copy if people are going to play.

Are the Academy levels balanced for non-saber users? I like to play with a good mix of sabers and blasters -- some of the dark force powers are amazing with guns :P

My personal favorite map is the city map from JK2 with all of the opportunities to push and shove people off btw...but most people probably won't like it because you die a ton (force push kills).

Right now I think the consensus is leaning slightly toward Jedi Academy... though if more people come in and want a different game, we could swing that way.

Right now, I'm thinking Wednesday, Janurary 13 @ 7:00PM EST. Since everyone seems to have access to all the games, we'll figure out which one and what rules later. Does this sound good to everyone, or would a different time be better?

Might want to mention the name of the game as well next to the date/time. It's obvious once you click the links, but some of us are too lazy for that.

Also, maybe a thread title change? (not sure if you can still do that though)

Done and done.

You'd think I would have thought of that when I first posted the game info... oh well.

Got everything ready last night. Playing in maximum hires in 1680x1050 is just pretty. And since it's an older game, my computer doesn't even blink an eye at it.

Cant remember where I found the resolution mod, but it's pretty sweet. (Editing the config files is all, afaik)

Nice... unfortunately, my computer is an ancient piece of junk, so I can't run it at fun specs. It's pretty smooth at 800x600 and everything else set to medium.

Again, if anyone wants to run a test game with me, just to make sure everything will work on wednesday, post here or PM me.

Shoot. I was afraid that something like this would happen. My dad's a bit of a network guru, so he's trying to figure it out as we speak... but I really have no idea what's going on. It worked the other night when I tested it.

Anyone else wanna try to host?