Internet Awesome - old and new

Salluz

I suggest very early "In Flames", their old stuff is melodic and very heavy.

Also, Nightwish is good for Power Metal. Lacuna Coil sounds good, but their lyrics are a bit cliched. I mean, "DESTINY!!" is not a way to start a stanza anymore, lol.

To look for, cause i have to wake up early:

In Flames - Lord Hypnos, or anything off their "Jester Race" album.

Nightwish - I wish i had an angel, from their "Once" album.

Lacuna Coil - Swamped (I know little of LC, i found them via youtube crash videos. :) )

As for internet awesomeness related to this: http://www.dirpy.com

Converts youtube audio to MP3, with proper tagging (though sometimes it needs some help). Good if you want to put a live, hard to find, or even a youtube-only sound clip on an MP3 device for evaluation.

I hope to contribute to this thread more tomorrow....

I suggest very early "In Flames", their old stuff is melodic and very heavy.

Funny you should mention that. I just discovered In Flames the other day and liked their sound so much that I looked up other "melodic death metal" and downloaded some Dark Tranquillity. Liking it thus far. Gotta have a good helping of melody in the songs for me to like them, though.

I cannot believe that I never knew about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myPtiTxHXk&feature=related

Dragonland is absolutely phenomenal, I'll abstain from gushing ceaseless praise and leave it at that.

Please, warn me of more internet awesome as I search for more internet awesome.

If you are searching for music awesomeness, This thread has become quite comprehensive and should be of interest.

I just discovered In Flames the other day and liked their sound so much.

In Flames consistently produces astounding guitar work. When I first heard them years ago, I totally hated the vocals, I couldn't understand them at all. However, I HAD to listen to them because the guitars were so unreal and unique to me, especially during the harmonized riffs. Each new song I heard was impressive, and eventually I came to love their music a lot. They are currently one the hanful of bands that, if I were to put their entire discography on shuffle, I would be more than content to listen to whatever came up.

I suggest very early "In Flames", their old stuff is melodic and very heavy...anything off their "Jester Race" album.

Incredible album. The guitar tone is almost synth like, almost haunting in a way, and I absolutely love it. The December Flower solo would likely end up in my top 10 all time favorite solo list.

I could have written a dissertation on the significance and musical merits of this album, but that's a lot of typing, so I made a medley instead. It's the intros, outros, and solos from almost each song from the Jester Race album. An "Instrumedley" if you will. You heard that word here first folks! I think...

Jester Race Instrumedley - MP3

and as a bonus:

Children of Bodom Instrumedley, Intro by Archenemy

Full credit to the respective bands.