OCR00300 - Lufia II "Mystery in Red"

m68030

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my favorite mix from DJP. Very clean sounding along with the guitar(s) that sticks out like a sore thumb...a very good sore thumb. Actually I have no idea the definition of clean when it comes to remixes, but oh well. More on topic, this is my favorite up there with the Lunar BlueLament mix, with "Love hurts" coming in third. I don't dislike that one, very much the opposite, but it doesn't set as good of a mood as this and the lunar one does.

The bassline is very cool, probably my favorite bassline ever (I also heard it in one of Ragnarok Online's songs. Not the exact same, but the same style). The original song is arranged in a very good way here. In fact I don't care much for the original even after listening to this. I usually do.

Can't really say much more besides DOWNLOAD IT.

• 3 months later...

Holy shit this song is good.

I have no idea why there are so few posts about it. My best guess would be that every time someone listens to it, they become hospitalized. I don't blame them. The last time I listened to this, the next thing I remembered was waking up in an intensive care ward.

This is byfar my favorite OCR song. In the three years that I have been listening to songs off OCR, I have not found one that I like better. There is something about this song that just grabs me. Right around when the gutiar starts, I know that this song will be good. It then begins to shake me with an unrelenting fury while yelling "I am the best song you'll ever hear!" When things like that happen, you've got no choice but to like the song. That or go to a psychologist. Either way you win. The last 30ish second of the song is really great too. Kudos to DJP.

I am supprised that not that many other people have commented on this song. Go figgure.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

De-Yam. There aren't many Lufia II remixes at all, and the fact that this one was done - WELL - is truly good. I liked how the slow intro begins, starting the music from none other than Iris's theme (Mystery Lady) and then adding a sweet electric guitar tossed in, I liked this one. Cheers to a good lufia song.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i like lufia2, i like guitars and i so fucking like this remix. this is by far the most played mp3 in my playlist(and overall the most listened to track in my live). if my hdd would crash and i lost all mp3s i would miss this masterpiece the most. i am visiting the ocr since years and i heard many great mixes but this one is still my favorite.

though i don' t post often in boards i wanted to give this track the credit it deserves (after approximately 2 years listening to it :D )

i am supprised too that there is not more feedback to this song.

• 2 years later...

One of my favorite tracks from Lufia 2 given the ultra moody treatment by DJP. I seriously can't tell if it is just a great (possibly best) synth guitar tone or if it's simply a great guitar tone, but along with the washed out sounding drums, the mix really does convey a mysterious feeling.

The harpsichord lends some extra interest and texture, and the song starts out straightforward and eventually branches out into new territory, all of which fits the theme well, even the military style march section.

Recommended.

• 2 years later...

I listened to this mix some years ago and i didn't like it for some reason. can't recall why. But when i listen to it now i feel a little sad. not just because it's a very moody track but also because it's been up here for so long and i didn't notice its beauty. this is an awesome remix and i regret deeply for giving it the cold shoulder

love that guitar of yours, djp! keep it up

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00300 - Lufia II "Mystery in Red"