OCR01169 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Collision"

This is simply amazing. One of the best Overclocked Remixes in a very long time. I never imagined this track could have so much potential, but Malcos has rearranged this song so well....wow. I mean, wow, I can't even put into words how much I love this remix. This is easily one of my top 5 favorite remixes on this site.

Really, the song is sort of simple, with not a whole lot going on...but something about it just really catches me as spectacular. The way the pizzicato strings seem to blend in so well with everything else...I dunno, it's just a great song! Nice Work!

Only bad part is the ending...fade outs aren't so great =/ But it's not that big of a deal, the song is just really catchy and awesome. And the fact that this awesome piece of music was based off of, while cool, very repititous source material.

Very professional sounding piece. Strings and percussion are right on, particularly the pizzicato strings that drive the song along. Though the fade out was kind of anti-climatic. I suppose the idea behind that was to keep the piece, which ehibits nothing particularly explosive (which isn't a bad thing with this type of song), from becoming unbalanced.

Good stuff. Good stuff.

Yep, it gets a super special extra good stuff.

Very professional sounding piece. Strings and percussion are right on, particularly the pizzicato strings that drive the song along. Though the fade out was kind of anti-climatic. I suppose the idea behind that was to keep the piece, which ehibits nothing particularly explosive (which isn't a bad thing with this type of song), from becoming unbalanced.

Good stuff. Good stuff.

Yep, it gets a super special extra good stuff.

Well Put! My words exactly

Heheh. This makes a pretty good demo of Reason's Orkester soundbank :). Love the stings. Beat is pretty tight. Nice snare smack. Drums definitely could use some changing up once in a while. Those tappy hit hats or whatever keep going through the WHOLE song. Nice stuff tho. Dig it.

I wouldn't say its a top10er or anything. but its pretty decent. The strings sound so real, i wonder where those samples came from.

I had a problem with the horns around 2:05. didn't fit right in my ear.

It doesn't remind me of the sonic song really, but it stands on its own.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'd been wanting to do this track for a while, so finally got round to it. For me the Final bosses on the Sonic games always makes me really focus and get serious, which for me is defnitely something.

I used quick sharp strings to convey that seriousness, while the drums symbolised the steady thought, which is why they didn't change much. I kept the texture on the thin side, because as you're facing the boss, you are focused - you have one goal. You know this is the end, and all you have to do now is beat him and then you're finished.

All the string sounds were from the Orkester soundbank that comes with Reason 2.5.

Don't forget to check out my site, I have a couple more mixes on there.

(www.malcos.btinternet.co.uk)

The arrangement is pretty solid, as far as I can tell. And the percussion is a little too drum-machine campy for me, but it works. The main problem here is that the lead violins, throughout the piece, are extremely mechanical and lack any kind of dynamic variation. It also gets very tiring listening to the succinct, dry lead all of the time - it wouldn't have hurt to change up the lead to something a little more sustained in places to give a little bit more variety. The fade-out is also a little strange.

In the end, I like the way this is arranged and I think if it weren't so overwhelmingly mechanical sounding (and maybe you brought a few more instruments here and there into the mix), it would really help.

Wow...is all I can say. This remix is just too good for words. Everything is on par. I would almost say that this piece was for a rap group of some sort. I know If I could I would be honored to create lyrics for this song.

Being musically, more specifically rap, inclined...I could honestly say if there were any chance in hell, heaven, eden,utopia, asgard, midgard, nefelheim, paradise, Mt Olympus, or Valhalla I could use this and create a remix for this site to hear...I would.

I do believe that honestly they would like it(being that this beat is so far up my alley you need the "Jaws of Life" to pry it away. 8)

P.S. I had it on repeat as I posted this.

• 2 months later...

yeah this great, I like that some of the people on this site making music don't go strictly techno I get really sick of that, and especially when they use the new software with the horrible new beats these programs have...what ever happened to the old school stuff..anyway your doing a great job making music...Hang tough

• 5 months later...

When I heard this for the first time it came up on a shuffle, and I thought that I was listening to the Ace Combat 04 soundtrack.

This is a compliment. I love the AC04 songs, and they combine a synthesizer and an orchestra to create some "tight new shit." This ReMix parallels their musical quality. I'm impressed.

I love "Final Zone," but, again, it was too repetitive. This has taken it somewhere completely different, and I like it. I think this sort of song is was OCR is all about.

• 1 year later...

This song always sneaks up on me. I love this remix to death, but somehow I always forget about it. So when the ominous strings attack right off the bat at the beginning, it's HOLY SHIT all over again. This is a rare fusion of a tight melodic line with relentless machine-driven beats. Awesome stuff, and highly recommended.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01169 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Collision"