Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Mount Gulag is from FF1, they brought it back for nostalgia.

Same with Mog's Theme from FF6 and the band playing Rufus's theme from FF7. They're all little covers of other games, so I omitted them. This pained me to do so as I love Mog's theme.

Ah. Okay. I'd caught that Mog's Theme and Rufus' Theme were nostalgic covers. Never played FF1, though. :oops:

I loved Blue Dragon. It felt like I was playing Final Fantasy again for a minute. Shimmers of brilliance. I loved it. :-) And it will give me an excuse to remix the boss battle theme with better vocals, no diss against Gillan, but what the heck dude where you sing go.. where you sing go???

blue dragon was donkey turds. d o n k e y t u r d s. everything about it was poorly thought out, and execution was bad. and the battles reminded me of crisis core (in the words of zircon, "you just push x...x, x, x, WIN!").

blue dragon was donkey turds. d o n k e y t u r d s. everything about it was poorly thought out, and execution was bad. and the battles reminded me of crisis core (in the words of zircon, "you just push x...x, x, x, WIN!").

This.

The only reasons I completed it was because Mural Village - the only awesomely executed uncliche idea in the entire game - was awesome enough to make me think it might getter as it went on.

It did not.

..think it might getter as it went on...

lol!

i recently started listening to this soundtrack again. i didn't like the game much, but i really like some of the creativity he displayed in executing this soundtrack. you listen to, say, VII, and then this, and you hear just how far sound design on the PSX had come. pretty awesome.

Anyway, in good news, I FINALLY scored a new copy of this game! In AWESOME condition, no less! Currently replaying it as we speak. I missed you, FFIX. :)

I hate you so much right now. :-( A large part of my disc 4 is messed up, thanks to the idiot I got it from. I'm not able to play the card game after disc 3, or go to certain areas of the world, and 7 out of 8 times the final battle with Kuja freezes up. And the final video is choppy and has no sound. :-(

We're not doing the whole thing. That would take too long and half the tracks would be not as good.

Yeah, we weren't planning to do the whole thing, butt I had an interest in doing some of the songs I liked that don't get claimed. This game and its music / project deserves to get the best coverage possible, so if anyone thinks they can remix any remaining songs, please try to do so. :-D

Thank you, Fishy. That is a very good point.

[16:47] <Mirby> Just so you know my qualification for all-time fav: I've always been able to remember about 5 tracks in my head. If it's one of those, it's an all-time fav

[16:48] <Mirby> Those tracks are... lessee... Crocodile Cacophony, Snakey Chanty, Still More Fighting, Battle with the Four Fiends, and Battle 2 (FF9)

That's another reason I was freaking out about this. It really is one of my all-time favs! ^_^

I hope someone does Zidane's Theme.

It's kinda sad that in the end, there are people interested in this project, but who lack the remixing skills, and then there are people who have the skills, but aren't interested. I'm in the former category, but even though I'm unable to do that one theme, I still wish that I could hear someone else's take on it.

Oh well, if it can happen then it can't happen. =/