Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

I think that one will HAVE to be done as well. I mean, Zidane's the main character; his theme, at the very least, should be done.

And I'm in the same boat as you are, Ixyka.

Although, I have to admit, Zidane's Theme is actually the least memorable main character's theme of a Final Fantasy game that I can think of, at least to me. But you're probably right, it probably needs to be done. But of course, that'll depend upon the available manpower, interest, and skills available.

Honestly, I'm just grateful that there are as many talented and interested remixers giving love to this soundtrack, and that Fishy's stepping up and running the project; it's something I've been hoping to see happen ever since I first visited OCRemix in '08, and didn't really think WOULD happen, so the fact that the project exists and is in progress is enough for me.

There's way better songs imo.

We'll see what happens, but the song isn't really all that impressive compared to the rest.

Respectfully, I disagree. I happen to like its chord progression. It's a matter of taste I suppose. My favorite part of the theme starts around the 2-minute mark, that's probably the section I like the most. If I made the remix, it would have an acoustic guitar struming bouncy chords there, with a bouncing electric bass underneath. (Hint hint, suggestions to potential mixer. =D )

And to Melbu: I personally found his theme most memorable, perhaps because I listened to it the most when I got the sound track like, 10 years ago. If I had to guess, I suppose most people think Vivi's Theme is the most memorable. That's my second favorite.

Edited by Solaphar

Respectfully, I disagree. I happen to like its chord progression. It's a matter of taste I suppose.

And to Melbu: I personally found his theme most memorable, perhaps because I listened to it the most when I got the sound track like, 10 years ago.

Mmm, see, I suppose what's happened with me was that I spent such a small amount of time in the scenes in the game that had Zidane's Theme that it's hard for me to place it as such when I hear it out of context. Like, if I was just sitting on a bus and I hear Terra play, or even Tidus' Theme, I could snap my fingers and place it instantly. But Zidane's Theme... for some reason, even though I can always place it as FF9, and kinda think of the scene in which I hear it played, I couldn't attribute it as being Zidane's.

I dunno. I suppose part of my problem, too, is that in the back of my mind I've always thought of "You're Not Alone!" as being a truer theme for Zidane than the happy, boisterous one the soundtrack attributes to him, just because it seems to fit his story and personality so much better to me.

Mmm, see, I suppose what's happened with me was that I spent such a small amount of time in the scenes in the game that had Zidane's Theme that it's hard for me to place it as such when I hear it out of context.

Ah, that makes sense. For me, I'd say that, back in the day, I spent almost as much time listening to the sound track CDs as I did actually playing the game. That probably helps to make a big difference in perception.

...in the back of my mind I've always thought of "You're Not Alone!" as being a truer theme for Zidane than the happy,

Yes, going on a song vs song basis, I also like "You are not alone" a lot (one of my favorite tracks in the game), but going on a theme vs theme basis, the one assigned to zidane is my favorite. I hope that's clear.

Edited by Solaphar

Yes, going on a song vs song basis, I also like "You are not alone" a lot (one of my favorite tracks in the game), but going on a theme vs theme basis, the one assigned to zidane is my favorite. I hope that's clear.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Zidane's Theme is a great piece of music. But for my personal experience of the storytelling, it just didn't fit as well as You're Not Alone! did for me. But I definitely respect your right to differ. :-D I mean, hell, that's one of the great things about a soundtrack like FF9's - there's so much to love! I can't wait till both are done.

Esto Gaza - CLAIMED BY Joshua Morse

oh hell yea thats perfect

Yeah, that's pretty darn exciting, too. :<

Right, things are going very well so far. Got a lot of very good wips from people, but also a few dudes I haven't heard from in a while or joined late. I'm announcing the next WIP date of June 1st, which I expect every one to have significant process for. I've been putting a lot of work into my tracks so far, done about 7-8 minutes across all of them; and I'll be damned if I'm not usually a lazy bum. If I can do it, you all definitely can!

June 1st or be replaced by the mighty ReMixinator!

Yeah, we weren't planning to do the whole thing, butt I had an interest in doing some of the songs I liked that don't get claimed. This game and its music / project deserves to get the best coverage possible, so if anyone thinks they can remix any remaining songs, please try to do so. :-D

Yeah... on one hand, it's a really big soundtrack and you don't need remixes of all 20 versions of Melodies of Life that are in the game. On the other hand there are still some strong unclaimed tracks... Jesters of the Moon, Cid's Theme, and Eiko's theme all deserve to be covered.

This project will be different from VotL in that all tracks that people want to hear WILL be covered. and it won't suck! ;] It was a joke, that's why it is hidden. lrn 2 joke

Wait I didn't come here just to say that, I was gonna say, I should have the song for you before June 1st

Edited by Brandon Strader

We do need a name actually, well pointed out. I need to make sure it has a suitably hard to pronounce acronym that has become a part of the final fantasy project standard.

EOBLOR! VOTL!

Oh, come on! Those are simple to pronounce!

How about "Questions Unanswered in Time: Good and Wicked Kin in Neverending Grandure" (or "QUiT:GaWKiNG" for short)? The sub-subtitle could be "Like you've never seen the hand of God before!"