Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Good thanks, here's a front page summary:

10 finished

8 are almost there

14 less developed wips

So we're looking at at least 32 tracks, but we've got a bunch more claimed. Not bad for only 7 months in compared to some projects.

Pretty good stuff. I think it's great that people are working hard without a WIP date. I'm not the biggest fan of those anyway but I can see how they can help some folks. But it's not really beneficial either way if you wait until a couple days before a deadline and then do stuff. :-P I have to admit, I've been working on other stuff due to the lax schedule on this'n, but it is good to have that freedom especially since I bit off a bit more than I could chew... Oh well. Anyway, thanks to everyone who is workin' hard and taking this album seriously! :-)

I'm issuing a final deadline now, and I'm gonna get these spare key tracks filled ASAP. Our progress has been excellent thus far and it is an entirely reachable deadline. Just freed some lazy tracks up, please apply promptly.

March 24th.

First post, I know. And it's long too. Oh god. Please don't bludgeon me with your angry, angry words.

So, first of all, recognize I'm an immense fan, but not an active music contributor here or anywhere else. My musical skills are limited to 6 years general theory with piano I started over 17 years ago. Also realize that we the fanbase have nothing but admiration and respect for the remixers, so don't get offended by any of this because that's not my intent.

I mean c'mon, guys.

Well anyway, about two weeks ago I looked at this project's completed track listing and I was worried. So I convince myself: this is the diamond in the Uematsu crown jewels; something must be done to stop the murder, the rapes, the inhumanity, etc, and so forth. It was at that time I decided to break years of anonymous browsing and create a username with intent to complain to people on the internet. Then outta nowhere this Fishy guy comes along and takes care of it. Glad to see you're taking the initiative to get the important tracks claimed again. Literally, everything you've emboldened on the OP track listing (save for one) is an opportunity for A+ work. They are MUSTS. So, well done - you have quelled my outrage for the time being. I hope people lay claims as soon as possible.

About that one track though.

"Towards That Gate"

I'm actually kind of surprised that Hemophiliac didn't claim it when he took Bittersweet Romance, as it is technically the second part of the song. In fact, Square's official Piano Collections album treats both pieces as just one song, the way Uematsu penned and choreographed it to the scene in which it plays in-game (the finale). Towards That Gate begins around 1:27~8 in this youtube synth version of the piano sheet music (I take no credit for posting it...):

LINK ! --->

<-- ! LINK

As just mentioned, the pieces in question play through the game's final scene. The first half is rendered with the in-game character models, thus Bittersweet Romance uses the game's MIDI engine to produce the sounds. The second half is a FMV sequence, and as such, Towards That Gate uses a full orchestra. For this reason alone, the OST splits the track into two parts. It is intended to be one song.

So, if Hemophiliac already picked up on this and has been actively working it into his WIP, shame on me. If there are already enough things occupying his focus and he can't add a second track to his workload, that's also totally understandable. Still, my intent is to see this piece appear on the final tracklisting in one way or another. Perhaps an interested remixer could even collaborate with Hemo (or at the least find out what key he's working in to have some consistency). And style? Dueling electric guitars would rock the climax. Just some thoughts.

;D

• 1 month later...

Updates. Few more wav's in, and lots more wips. Still getting lots of people auditioning which is great to see but there are still several key tracks unclaimed that we're not leaving out.

Really? Step up :P

One of the more badass villain themes from the entire franchise. Doo eeet.

High energy folking goodness.

Loss of MeMega key track here. Great melody.

Super ominous moods.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I vaguely remember Uematsu saying that Assault of the White Dragons is one of his favorite tracks...

I honestly don't remember where I heard it though. It's funny that it's unclaimed, but then again I don't know how you'd remix it aside from sup0r epic guitars and that might end up being a little generic

i ramble