Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

It says deadline inside but it's not listed in the original post -- hopefully you've reconsidered the March date you were thinking of.. :-D

Oh, well spotted. I assumed it was in the first post text too. I'll just put it back in now.

Hopefully you've reconsidered insinuating my decisions aren't final and thought through... :-D.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Kate,

Ehm, well, I suppose if no one takes it before then it would be better then no track but generally we try and make sure the project is all new tracks. Most FF9 fans on OCR probably already have that track already :).

I think if Kate was up for revisiting the track, like with a remaster, then maybe this is something that should be looked into :-D

YAY deadline! Can't wait!

Hey Fishy, is Loss of Me really still unclaimed?! Could I put my Rose General track in for that (I know it's been released for two years already, but...)

It was a great track and you should feel proud, but I stand behind the idea of new tracks for the albums. You download an overclocked album to a game you've played knowing exactly what to expect, yet you are completely surprised every time because while everything feels familiar it's been played in a way you've never heard before. That's the magic of the remix album, and while Rose of May is a great song most of us have been listening to it for almost 2 years now. A fresh take would be welcome.

Also I really wish I could help with this project. I loved the entire FFIX soundtrack, and I even have some awesome ideas for Battle 2 rummaging around the head, but I can't play any instruments proficiently. I've got about 3 weeks of learning the piano (over the course of my whole life) under my belt, and that's definitely not enough for songs of OCR's calibur. I hope someone has a great vision for the remaining tracks and good luck to everyone..

I even have some awesome ideas for Battle 2 rummaging around the head

Didn't they have someone in mind for Battle 2? At least, that's what I remember someone saying [Just went back and looked].

I wonder what's up with that person, whoever they are (no one ever mentioned a specific name). Too bad you can't find that unknown person and work with them on the boss theme.

As for me, I came up with a 30-second WIP for Zidane's Theme (as well as a general idea/direction/genre) at the end of November/beginning of December, but I don't have a decent sample library, and the arrangement needs lots of work. I've made next to no progress on it since then.

I'm internally debating contacting a couple people whom I have in mind and see if they're interested in working with me on it. I haven't done so yet partly because I'm afraid that my overall vision will get warped too much if I collaborate with others. But, it might be the only way to have it get done.

Hmm, I've been thinking about it, and maybe I could try my hand at Loss of Me? I've always loved that song (one of my favorites from the OST), and I think I can come up with an interesting arrangement with my instruments. Fishy, if you want, since my equipment is much more in order now, I can try to whip up a short WIP so you can see what kind of ideas I have stewing in my head. Would you be interested in that? I'll PM you another recent sample of my stuff if you want.

I just got a double claim on something as a few people are either deciding between tracks, or for what ever reason haven't been able to make an official claim just yet, details pending. To be on the safe side, consider the following claimed for the moment:

Loss of Me

Sword of Doubt

Cid's Theme

Dark Messenger

This might seem kinda random, since it's my first post here, but I pretty much tripped on the FFIX project and my jaw dropped to the floor. It's my absolute favourite VGM OST, and I've been playing video games since I was 5. Really glad to see this!

Just wanted to drop a quick remark: I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of both Eternal Harvest and Pandemonium. The first I'm already feeling relieved about, seeing as it's AeroZ taking care of it so it's guaranteed to be pretty stellar. About Pandemonium, I'm biting my nails in anticipation of who'll pick it up, seriously. It has mad potential, and if I had the time and practice even I'd try to go for it! Recently got hold of a Roland Gaia SH-01 for my band, and while playing it isn't an issue, messing with DAWs and the like is still out of my league; on top of this, with the exam season at uni only ending in mid-february, it's pretty impossible. What frustration!!

Anyway, here's hoping that Pandemonium is taken up by dedicated and creative hands, that work it into an OC ReMix jewel.

On a side note, it's actually pretty funny - I've known OC ReMix since it first appeared, lurked around a bit, heard some interesting stuff, and eventually it phased out of existence for me. Then, recently, I rediscovered it. And I mean a week ago lol. Since then I found out about many of the albums that the community has been putting out, got many of them, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the mixes, as well as the degree of originality and even sheer reinvention present in a great deal of them. Congratulations are in order.

My hat goes off in particular to LuIzA, whose work was specifically what led me back to this, well, universe really. Aside from having acted as a beacon, it's both inspiring and astounding, corresponding as much as humanly possible to the transformations I expected to hear in the specific tracks she addressed. Realizing that she's contributing to this album was among the things that made my day.

Sorry for the wall of text. Also, I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to make this post, but since it is of many natures, and one of them fits this thread, I deemed it alright.

Best Regards,

pb

Edited by pbARK

Battle 2 is something I've been trying to get filled for a while via invites. Fairly confident it's sorted out. No offense but it's one of those tracks where I need someone who I can guarantee will knock it out of the park, much like Dark Messenger.

I saw you originally wrote Zidane's theme. If you're interested in that then send me an audition by pm.

Ok updates:

Cid's Theme is being taken by a friend of mine from University, yet to choose a name. He's a cool dude, should be pretty sweet.

Knight of the Round is a badass guy who just got his first FF7 mix passed recently. Unbelievably heavy 8 string poly-riffs that we can look forward to for Assault of the Silver Dragons.

Brandon's Mistaken Love mix just passed the panel, so that's cool too.

Got a great wip from Mazedude; and some updates from halc among others

I've also been working hard with cyril of Battle 1 and my own Iifa Tree mix (which I'm fairly sure some people won't believe I made :D) and they're both sounding better every day.

Still need some definite replies from people on Battle 2 and Dark Messenger, but I'm trying to make sure that they get done right, by people who will kick their arse. Likewise Kuja's theme is still sitting there. Some great evil potential there.

It di-di-did?? That almost makes up for the DKC3 mix getting no'd yesterday. :-x

I am getting to the point where each song is becoming a chapter. I'm glad the Mistaken Love chapter has finally ended, hehe... and with the brand new library I just recently snatched, I should be able to make a more impressive Passing Sorrow

Sweet updates my man. I will has to get you to tell me how my other mixes are faring on the panel. :-(

Also would love to hear your Lifa tree WIP :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, deadlines make me work.

Fishy, sorry I haven't sent you a newer version of 'Sword of Doubt' for auditioning yet, I've been really backed up with my bands album.

I'll try and get it to you ASAP - at least before February. I'm hoping to have most of my current work finished by then.

Thanks

Ian

No worries man.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm doing this for a Uni project too which has to be in around the same time as the deadline. The good news is that because of the type of project, I should have a couple of other tracks to submit while I'm at it.

..It also occurred to me that most of my last post should have been a PM.