Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Fishy, I sent you a rough mix mp3 of Rose of May sometime ago. I mixed it again a week or two ago and I'm pretty sure it's like 99% done. I'll take another look at it in the next couple of days, and if I find it satisfactory, I'll send you a wav.

He was yeah, but I'm trying to get something quite specific done with it. He gave it a go but it requires some pretty fancy samples to pull off properly I think. I have the same ones he has and can't get it working.

Well, I sing, so if you need a real vocalist, I could certainly help provide vocals or whatever else needed!

Hey we discussed my track being lost in its state due to broken laptops.

Shall I import the mp3 I have and export it as a wav and send it to you?

That sounds counterintuitive, is it my only option? Seems so.

That is assuming, it is up to the standard. Is it?

As altercations simply can't happen at this stage.

So, I assume you (Fishy) are asking for .wavs to make the flac and/or physical CD copies. But for the mp3 version of the song you should use Calum's mp3 if at all possible rather than going mp3 -> wav -> mp3, since that would reduce the quality of the final encoding.

So, I assume you (Fishy) are asking for .wavs to make the flac and/or physical CD copies. But for the mp3 version of the song you should use Calum's mp3 if at all possible rather than going mp3 -> wav -> mp3, since that would reduce the quality of the final encoding.

Yeah no point in doing that twice. I know pokemon left out the wavless tracks but it just confused people who thought they had missing(no) tracks.

Edited by DarkeSword

I didn't assume you weren't thinking it through, you just.... you... didn't ask me... *sob*... :-(

QQ moar. Variety is the spice of life.

Sorry but I'm not having a wav vs flac debate here.

The release will be wav and mp3.

If that's the case, can you do people a big favor and ZIP the wav's to save as much space in the torrent as possible?

Sorry but I'm not having a wav vs flac debate here.

The release will be wav and mp3.

what exactly IS the wav vs flac debate? as I see it they're the same thing, except one is 3x bigger and doesn't have metadata.. unless there is some kind of advantage to having wav's that I'm unaware of. doesn't matter to me, I don't listen to lossless anyway, but I'm curious.

They are indeed smaller, but they don't work with a lot of media players without codecs. They also don't work on the majority of mp3 players (including ipods).

Bottom line is it's a great concept but it's not widely enough used and too confusing for people who don't know what they are to justify imo, especially considering the fact that flac enthusiasts will just make them using the wavs anyway. WAV is the most compatible choice that everyone can get what they want from.

Again, I'm not having a debate about this, just telling you why I've made my decision.

It's not that many. :-o

I'm pretty happy with the turn-out for the album... I'd like to see more of "Disc 3" get claimed though. I wish people would step up for that if they could. :-o

Apart from that, I've heard a fair spattering of stuff from the album and I got to say, it's really going to be unique and enjoyable. I like that the quality standards have been kept high to deliver a great ff9 tribute. I think a lot of people are going to enjoy it!

But yeah, claim more of disc 3 plz :<

Are you releasing the whole thing in one shot, or is it going to be released in episodes?

Cause, I mean...that's a lot of tracks.

A lot but quite not enough, I'm afraid. Too many unclaimed tracks, and important ones...

But still, my favourite are all claimed, so there's a relief on the overall coverage. :tomatoface:

And even then the FF7 album didn't cover every song

Lifestream, which is probably my favorite song from the game, wasn't even on the album :|

This exists though http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01758/ and that album should have been delayed a bit just so this song could be included, cause it's awesome

I'm just hoping the same kind of thing doesn't happen with ff9 album, but we should be fine :-D

• 2 weeks later...
Too many unclaimed tracks, and important ones...

Hoping to claim another one if I get round to it. I'll whip up a WIP once I've got my more immediate list of things sorted.

Does anyone know if Kate managed to finish her track in the end?