Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

I think it'd be cooler to just have people claim something if they're interested instead of offering them prizes to fight over it... no offense.. it definitely works as a tactic, and I can't speak for Fishy at all on this, but personally I think it's more important that the music comes from the heart of anyone who is gonna do it.

I think it'd be cooler to just have people claim something if they're interested instead of offering them prizes to fight over it... no offense.. it definitely works as a tactic, and I can't speak for Fishy at all on this, but personally I think it's more important that the music comes from the heart of anyone who is gonna do it.

I agree with Brandon. I personally don't mind waiting for the project to be finished as long as it's not put on hold because of two "busy people" who are "almost finished" but don't have the guts to pull an all-nighter and just get it over with.

I agree with Brandon. I personally don't mind waiting for the project to be finished as long as it's not put on hold because of two "busy people" who are "almost finished" but don't have the guts to pull an all-nighter and just get it over with.

Well it's not just two people at the moment, but there's also the issue of those tracks being key tracks. I mean really these are the tracks that just need to get done:

dark messenger

eternal harvest

esto gaza

terra

crossing those hills (main theme)

boss theme

When those are done, everything else is being cut no matter what so if you're one of those people imma come get u.

You make it sound so simple, as if you know what the lives of those "busy people" are like ;-)

I've spoken with Luiza and Fishy about terra's progress already.

You make it sound so simple, as if you know what the lives of those "busy people" are like ;-).

You don't need to get all defensive everytime I mildly zing slackers, you know. No offense, but you seem to be quite intent on implying that I'm some sort of malevolent arbiter of perennial doom. Don't worry. I've already learned that deadlines rarely mean anything around here, so I'm through persecuting slackers. =P

I'm definitely not saying that people don't have jobs and other obligations outside OC ReMix, but at the end of the day, it just comes down to deciding you're going to finish your track and taking some time to do it. Even if it means you're going to get just four hours of sleep one night. It is that simple.

I still think it's just plain rude to keep everyone involved in the project (especially the directors) waiting. I can understand if someone's having technical difficulties and/or is busy, but not if they're yackety-yakking in the Off Topic forums, on Facebook etc.

But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with your tracks, everyone!

Well, be ready to scratch me off the list. I'mma renderin' it and getting ready to send ya the finished product, as I type this. After I get whatever input you may have I'll either make quick changes or, if all is well, send you the WAV with my blessings ;).

Sweetness. More music is always a good thing. :-)

That would put the current total at, what, 36 tracks?

You don't need to get all defensive everytime I mildly zing slackers, you know. No offense, but you seem to be quite intent on implying that I'm some sort of malevolent arbiter of perennial doom. Don't worry. I've already learned that deadlines rarely mean anything around here, so I'm through persecuting slackers. =P

I'm definitely not saying that people don't have jobs and other obligations outside OC ReMix, but at the end of the day, it just comes down to deciding you're going to finish your track and taking some time to do it. Even if it means you're going to get just four hours of sleep one night. It is that simple.

I still think it's just plain rude to keep everyone involved in the project (especially the directors) waiting. I can understand if someone's having technical difficulties and/or is busy, but not if they're yackety-yakking in the Off Topic forums, on Facebook etc.

But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with your tracks, everyone!

Slightly provocative way of saying it, but I agree. Few are the situations where one is caught in such downward spiral that absolutely no time can be dedicated to finishing tracks. Whatever the case, everyone should be able to at least keep the director updated about the progress, no matter how much stuff you have going on in your life:350:

I'm still working on my 0,02$. Hope that the missing key tracks get finished soon.:smile:

Slightly provocative way of saying it, but I agree. Few are the situations where one is caught in such downward spiral that absolutely no time can be dedicated to finishing tracks.

You mean other than a complete lack of inspiration and ability to finish said track. It's not always about the time it could take, but also about the ability to complete said action that could get in the way of finishing, as well, you know.

You mean other than a complete lack of inspiration and ability to finish said track. It's not always about the time it could take, but also about the ability to complete said action that could get in the way of finishing, as well, you know.

Yea, I considered listing every possible reason there is that could hinder the process of making music, but the point was that whatever the case, you should at least be able to inform the director about the problems and ask help if needed. I'm not saying that people have not updated frequently- how would I know that. I just commented on the "busy" factor that archangel talked about.:smile:

Not bad at all. So the final count should easily go over 40 tracks, which is impressive for an album. Can't wait to hear this goodness, the FFIX soundtrack is such a masterpiece that it deserves all this work and effort. Keep on squeezing out the last tracks, Fishy!:nicework:

EDIT: Squeeze 'em outta the slackers.

Edited by RiverSound

I can see, I've some ideas. But I think now it's too late to start a track :banghead:. As I've understood, you are in hold of only some tracks nearly finished to post the project.

I can't say for certain, but you should contact Fishy if you have ideas and are willing to work quickly to get it done. I got on board like two weeks ago, seeing potential in some of the unclaimed tracks and the delays with this project. I presume that no one's against some late additions while some key tracks are still being worked on.

It's a shame nobody decided to tackle Cleyra's Trunk, Salamander's Theme (I'm assuming this is Amarant's theme) and the Chocobo theme.

I'm not really good at producing so I sadly don't think I'd be able to attempt any of those, but maybe somebody notices them now!

Also, I miss Gargan Roo in the tracklist :-(