Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Zidane's Theme passed the panel. Pretty stoked about being 2 for 2 on this album! (Assault of the White Dragons is a Direct Post)

Now LETS FINISH THIS DAMN THING...I hurried my ass off to get Assault done before the original deadline... which was over a year ago now.

Enlighten a newbie here. How do you know in advance which tracks are going to be direct posts?

Also, congratulations for the 2 mixes, looking forwards to hearing them.:smile:

I have some idea about the up coming albums, actually, but I can't say that I know all of them, for sure. So far I know the Donkey Kong 3 album and Kirby album are pretty close to being finished completely, according to the project threads, and there's a few other albums on the way, too, so... perhaps five to six albums on the queue, as a guess.

As for the order of release, it's really a matter of who shapes up the post-musical content the fastest and/or whomever has a special reason to be released at a particular date (the Wild Arms album, being the 15th anniversary of the game, being a good example of that). Other than that, I think OCR tries to have at least a 6-8 week period between releases so that every album will have at least a little time in the limelight before the next album pushes on, so if all of the albums need to get through before the FFIX album can do so, it'd probably be a 8-10 month process after it's submit into the system.

I'm doing something that's close to an ass-pull for numbers, though, so don't worry too much - it'd likely be sooner than that, 'cause we all like Fishy. This isn't a finished album, though, and until those last few tracks come through this album won't even be in the system, so for the moment these guesses and estimations are moot.

I have some idea about the up coming albums, actually, but I can't say that I know all of them, for sure. So far I know the Donkey Kong 3 album and Kirby album are pretty close to being finished completely, according to the project threads, and there's a few other albums on the way, too, so... perhaps five to six albums on the queue, as a guess.

As for the order of release, it's really a matter of who shapes up the post-musical content the fastest and/or whomever has a special reason to be released at a particular date (the Wild Arms album, being the 15th anniversary of the game, being a good example of that). Other than that, I think OCR tries to have at least a 6-8 week period between releases so that every album will have at least a little time in the limelight before the next album pushes on, so if all of the albums need to get through before the FFIX album can do so, it'd probably be a 8-10 month process after it's submit into the system.

I'm doing something that's close to an ass-pull for numbers, though, so don't worry too much - it'd likely be sooner than that, 'cause we all like Fishy. This isn't a finished album, though, and until those last few tracks come through this album won't even be in the system, so for the moment these guesses and estimations are moot.

Cheers for the info, man. I'll hope for the best- this thing excites the hell out of me.

As for non-music stuff, is there any artwork/cover art that we've settled on? I saw a couple fun pictures in this thread, but are they like, the real thing?

As for non-music stuff, is there any artwork/cover art that we've settled on? I saw a couple fun pictures in this thread, but are they like, the real thing?

All album art is based upon this image. :lol:

Seriously though, no idea; I've been wondering myself. But I actually rather like the surprise of seeing the art for the first time when the album comes out, so I'm okay with not knowing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in with this project. Man it's been quite a while, but I'm JUST as excited as year ago, if not MORE, that this album will be releasing. FFIX had the best music from the series, and I'm sure that these remixes will totally make it shine once more!! Best of luck.

Any word on how the project is coming along? I've noticed it's been about a month since the last update, at least to the front post. FFIX is easily my favorite Final Fantasy and probably my favorite game of all time. The Christmas samples sounded great; I'm so excited for this album!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

- APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE USING ALLCAPS.

- Officially moved out of Uni, my attention is firmly in the direction of FFIX.

- People are still messaging me with music trying to get on the album and I'm finding it hard to turn them down. The album is taking a little longer but it's more awesome FFIX goodness that's holding it up, so don't worry.

- I will be setting a cutthroat deadline after having a chat with everyone who's left, so expect a message or email within the next few days.