Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Anyone who's ever been on one of these projects knows that it always takes a lot longer than first specified. That's just how it works when all the people involved have real lives that keep them from being able to make music 24/7 without getting paid for it.

Pretty much this.

But that said, there is a tentative schedule that has us down for this year and I'm doing what I can to fill in the gaps with quality while we wait for the especially busy people.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda. More like this (once it gets past the intro... which is a couple minutes long... go to 3:50 if you're impatient).

The lead singer/keyboardist, Joanne Hogg, for that band is the same lady that sang Small of Two Pieces for Xenogears. She's not singing this particular song, though. At least not with any lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed in the SD3 album thread that there was an announcement about certain restrictions now in effect due to the whole Square-Enix/Kickstarter mess that took place. I'm assuming these restrictions also apply to the FF9 album, but I'm just curious if it will cause any setbacks.

The only thing I can think of is if anyone sampled the music for their remix. I'm not sure if anyone did but if so that'd need to be taken out. The artwork is original fan art and the trailer isn't started on yet, so there's probably 0 problems for ff9.

I noticed in the SD3 album thread that there was an announcement about certain restrictions now in effect due to the whole Square-Enix/Kickstarter mess that took place. I'm assuming these restrictions also apply to the FF9 album, but I'm just curious if it will cause any setbacks.

We're not specifically allowed to disclose the agreement details but I heard what they were in a staff meeting and this album is 100% unaffected. SD3 wasn't so lucky.

Glad to have you on it finbread :-D

Seconded. Though there isn't an artist on this album that I'm not excited about. My favorite game/soundtrack with this lineup - what's not to be excited about?

By the way Brandon, Passing Sorrow is one of my all-time favorite tracks in game music history and I'm super stoked to hear what you did with it. Just thought I'd throw that out there :)

Can't. Wait.