Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Yeah, like... 4 important tracks. Cutting the rest as soon as they're done.

Yar. I still need to get Fairy Battle in before the cut. MAKE SURE I do it! I mean, tell me before it's too late. I can whip it out in a day or two, I just need that stress to get through the window in the meantime I've got some gigs that'll hopefully get me a little moneys

Yar. I still need to get Fairy Battle in before the cut. MAKE SURE I do it! I mean, tell me before it's too late. I can whip it out in a day or two, I just need that stress to get through the window in the meantime I've got some gigs that'll hopefully get me a little moneys

Hey! Get started on Fairy Battle :)

• 2 weeks later...

You don't think that Eternal Harvest, Esto Gaza, Terra, and Crossing Those Hills (I really hope I got the four right, had to do some digging to find them) are important songs to have on the album?

Either way, it's not like they can just say "Oh hey, we're suddenly done, let's release the album RIGHT NOW." These things take time.

You don't think that Eternal Harvest, Esto Gaza, Terra, and Crossing Those Hills (I really hope I got the four right, had to do some digging to find them) are important songs to have on the album?

Either way, it's not like they can just say "Oh hey, we're suddenly done, let's release the album RIGHT NOW." These things take time.

Basically this.

Terra is done btw. The other three have various wips and should be done soon.

why not just release this already, there are only a few tracks missing and they aren't really that critical imo.

It's pretty darn close and this album has not taken as long as some other albums... not that it's a contest... I think Fishy is doing a good job of getting the essential tracks covered and I am glad he is still holding out to get these last songs in and giving a bit more time. This is going to be the definitive FF9 album and any extra time will definitely be worth it. :-D

It's pretty darn close and this album has not taken as long as some other albums... not that it's a contest... I think Fishy is doing a good job of getting the essential tracks covered and I am glad he is still holding out to get these last songs in and giving a bit more time. This is going to be the definitive FF9 album and any extra time will definitely be worth it. :-D

^ this. From outside the project, it's seemed to me it's progressing about as quickly as can be hoped for, especially if you're trying to produce quality music - you rush something, you get rushed product. I mean, I'm as anxious for this album as the next guy - it's probably my most anticipated album in the works on OCR right now - but I'm more than willing to give Fishy and the excellent talents working on it more time if it means more awesome FF9 music. (Especially considering - looking at the database kind of confirms this - that FF9 doesn't get much love 'round hurr otherwise, normally.)

It'll be done when it's done, and will be all the better for the extra time spent on it.

I know it can't be released "RIGHT NOW". But unreleased tracks are holding the rest of the process up.

And no, eternal harvest and all that other stuff is not really critical(except for crossing those hills). Dont get me wrong, i'd love to hear them remixed but they can always be added in later as a separate track.

It can't be released this year and I don't really think unfinished songs are holding anything up. You'd have to be intimately familiar with OCR's schedule to be able to determine whether something is holding something up or not. :whatevaa: There's a good handful of albums past evaluation just waiting to come out so enjoy those... it wouldn't exactly be fair to skip the line if this thing became 100% done soon, would it?

I know it can't be released "RIGHT NOW". But unreleased tracks are holding the rest of the process up.

And no, eternal harvest and all that other stuff is not really critical(except for crossing those hills). Dont get me wrong, i'd love to hear them remixed but they can always be added in later as a separate track.

I want the album too, but we can't be selfish here. An album can't come out instantly whenever someone wants it too, and though you may think those tracks aren't vital they are to the director of the project. At the end of the day, the director is looking for his (or her) vision to be completed, for the entire piece to be a wonderful cohesive experience. Leaving out a few tracks that may not be vital to one person could be the equivalent of leaving out the smile in the Mona Lisa to the director.

As Brandon pointed out, there's several albums waiting in the wings to be released, and they're sure to be phenomenal. Be patient; this album will be out eventually, and when it does it'll be friggin' awesome. But until then, listen to what's out and will be out in the interim.

I want the album too, but we can't be selfish here. An album can't come out instantly whenever someone wants it too, and though you may think those tracks aren't vital they are to the director of the project. At the end of the day, the director is looking for his (or her) vision to be completed, for the entire piece to be a wonderful cohesive experience. Leaving out a few tracks that may not be vital to one person could be the equivalent of leaving out the smile in the Mona Lisa to the director.

As Brandon pointed out, there's several albums waiting in the wings to be released, and they're sure to be phenomenal. Be patient; this album will be out eventually, and when it does it'll be friggin' awesome. But until then, listen to what's out and will be out in the interim.

Yea I guess you're right. FFIX was a favorite so you know how that goes.... :P

• 4 weeks later...