Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

would love to help name it but...would really need to hear it first.

The "Original" Fairy Battle can be found on youtube. HERE.

Also, as was said previously, it is a song used for "Non-hostile" encounters the Main Characters sometimes have with strange critters that demand random items from the players in order to complete a side-quest. No matter the genre/style that is going to be used for the remix, those two things I mentioned is going to have impact, and should be taken into consideration for the remix's song name.

Also, as was said previously, it is a song used for "Non-hostile" encounters the Main Characters sometimes have with strange critters that demand random items from the players in order to complete a side-quest. No matter the genre/style that is going to be used for the remix, those two things I mentioned is going to have impact, and should be taken into consideration for the remix's song name.

All the items you give are gemstones of some kind, so why not a play on that? Like the last one is a diamond, so maybe something cheesy like "Diamonds aren't just for girls", "Diamonds are a Yan's best friend" or something ridiculous like that.

Dem greedy monsters and their jewels.

Remember it also plays for the Ragtime Mouse, so any kind of play on that and his pop quiz would be just as appropriate.

Edited by KieranCarden

i know what it sounds like....i meant the remix.

All the items you give are gemstones of some kind, so why not a play on that? Like the last one is a diamond, so maybe something cheesy like "Diamonds aren't just for girls", "Diamonds are a Yan's best friend" or something ridiculous like that.

Dem greedy monsters and their jewels.

Remember it also plays for the Ragtime Mouse, so any kind of play on that and his pop quiz would be just as appropriate.

Very true, and I love the suggestion of "Diamonds are a Yan's best friend".:-P Quite amusing.

Dang I already named it Spirits of Gaia before I submitted it to the panel and went to bed, y'all was too slow :'( Now they won't be able to insert a name change for up to a year. :'(

I might just stick with Spirits of Gaia unless it is SUPER easy to have the name changed for the submission email and stuff. Then we could try to go with "Diamonds are a Yan's Best Friend" but that might be a bit long / wordy for eventual printed artwork. :-o

Edited by Brandon Strader

Yeah its fair to be on my case. I'm just settling in to the first week of my new job and moving house etc which was the huge timesink of my life getting all that sorted. Now I can relax and get back into it. I would have been panicking more about FF9 but as long as we're done before FF6 is released we're really not loosing time, so fear not.

Congrats on the new job, and moving. Hopefully it all works out for the best :)

Just saw the album trailer for FF6 was released. Not sure how long it usually takes for an album to release after the trailer comes out, but does that change the pacing/timeline of FF9?

Dang I already named it Spirits of Gaia before I submitted it to the panel and went to bed, y'all was too slow :'( Now they won't be able to insert a name change for up to a year. :'(

I might just stick with Spirits of Gaia unless it is SUPER easy to have the name changed for the submission email and stuff. Then we could try to go with "Diamonds are a Yan's Best Friend" but that might be a bit long / wordy for eventual printed artwork. :-o

Awww :( When Fishy said he approved of it I was hoping it would be chosen. I wanted to contribute to this album in one form or another. Naming a song would have been pretty cool.

Let me put it this way, I'm super ultra on FF9 as of today. Nothing on my calendar. Unfortunately my bloody right ear isn't working and hasn't for about a week but I'll soldier on. It's a temporary deal I've had before but it's ridiculously annoying.

Oh and Brandon it's super easy to change the name.

Let me put it this way, I'm super ultra on FF9 as of today. Nothing on my calendar. Unfortunately my bloody right ear isn't working and hasn't for about a week but I'll soldier on. It's a temporary deal I've had before but it's ridiculously annoying.

Oh and Brandon it's super easy to change the name.

Ok, I like "Spirits of Gaia" but I'll go ahead and change it to "Diamonds are a Yan's Best Friend", because that name is cool and silly, and I like it too. So it's settled! I have an updated version uploaded as well, should be the same link as I shared privately before. (Mp3 AND Wav)

@KieranCarden: Thanks for the cool name idea!

Let me put it this way, I'm super ultra on FF9 as of today. Nothing on my calendar.

Awesome! Gogogo! I for one am very much looking forward to hearing this thing.

Unfortunately my bloody right ear isn't working and hasn't for about a week but I'll soldier on. It's a temporary deal I've had before but it's ridiculously annoying.

Ouch. That really sounds painful. :/ Hope it gets better.

Congrats Riversound!

--Eino

I tink they'll expedite it if you tell em it's by XPRTNovice.

Fixed that for you. :-D

I don't think the actual quote is accurate, though. I've subbed a lot of project tracks and they usually get judged at the same pace as any other submission. Sentient Machines was a song I wanted in the FF1 flood, but I had not submitted it to be judged, so it didn't get posted because they weren't sure if it would pass or something, not 100% sure on that detail.