Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Certainly, if you want to have the music posted as apart of the flood - just be sure to specify that it's a part of the album in the e-mail.

I thought the flood mixes don't have to be submitted to the panel in the regular way? Or does the flood consist of songs that have already been submitted&yes'd by the panel?

Just asking because I remember hearing once that flood mixes are chosen by the album director and sent directly to djp who has the final say on the matter, hence bypassing the traditional submitting&judges panel procedures...

I thought the flood mixes don't have to be submitted to the panel in the regular way? Or does the flood consist of songs that have already been submitted&yes'd by the panel?

The flood for an album this size will maybe be 10 songs. Any other song will need to be submitted. A portion of those 10 songs have already been submitted.

Just asking because I remember hearing once that flood mixes are chosen by the album director and sent directly to djp who has the final say on the matter, hence bypassing the traditional submitting&judges panel procedures...

djp does have total final say on everything, but it's more likely that something nominated for the flood will be critiqued (to some extent) by the judges and if it is deemed not passable, or in some way unfitting for the flood, then it'll be out.

So submit your remix to the panel and things should work out either way, the same

When I was a noob I used to think I could send djp a song and he could dp it and I'd bypass the judges and the world would be a beautiful place

• 2 weeks later...

FF6 has been launched.

FF9 you are on the clock!

But...with the insanity that FF6 turned out...It would not surprise me if that release sets this project back 2 years...everyone just redoing EVERYTHING. >.<

P.S. Please for the love of god dont do that.

P.P.S. Unless you're the Hannibal Smith of Music.

P.P.P.S. This website rules. :)

FF6 has been launched.

FF9 you are on the clock!

But...with the insanity that FF6 turned out...It would not surprise me if that release sets this project back 2 years...everyone just redoing EVERYTHING. >.<

P.S. Please for the love of god dont do that.

P.P.S. Unless you're the Hannibal Smith of Music.

P.P.P.S. This website rules. :)

Too late.

Everyone Hyperion insists we redo everything so the project is now postponed indefinitely :P.

Balance and Ruin was amazing - I just came on to say that there should be a Kickstarter for this as well, if that's not already in the works.

It should also be 100+ tracks long. Just because, I dunno, that would be awesome. And there are a lot of tracks to choose from. :D

I gotta agree with Genoism still looking REALLY forward to this album. I haven't logged in in a very long time but I decided to come over and see what's crackin' and was happily surprised with this project! Its been a bit since I've seen updates on the first page, how's it going? Good I hope.

Also to everyone that is working on this project I can't wait to hear your talent shine through, the little snippets we got for previews really hooked me you guys and gals are amazing! Totally got my support on this. Keep up the hard work! <3

fyi i didn't mean in any way to say that balance and ruin wasn't good. I thought a lot of stuff there was great. Just liked donkey kong style more....though one particular track, the impressario...that just blew me away. And I very very rarely like rock stuff.

Wait... wasn't The Impresario Balance and Ruin? Or was there more?

Yes it was, I was just mentioning one particular track from balance and ruin that I really liked. I showed it to my father without telling him it was a remix from a video game and he loved it. (If I had told him that it was from a video game he'd shun it like no tomorrow)

fyi i didn't mean in any way to say that balance and ruin wasn't good. I thought a lot of stuff there was great. Just liked donkey kong style more....though one particular track, the impressario...that just blew me away. And I very very rarely like rock stuff.

Hah, that's funny - I really loved most of B&R, but "The Impressario" was my least favorite track of the bunch xD

A Face Unforgotten - CLAIMED BY katethegreat19 We have now three truly AWESOME female vocalists on this website. This is one of those three.

Disc 4

You're Not Alone! - CLAIMED BY Josh Whelchel / Poolside

Melodies of Life ~ Final Fantasy - CLAIMED BY Jovette Rivera / Isao

These three have so much potential, not just based on the tracks but also (in kate and Poolside I refer) but artist potential. I adore "The Rose General" by katethegreat19, and "Shine Tonight" by Poolside so to see these two working on FF9 stuff is great.

Melodies of Life sends a shiver down my spine so I look to that with baited breath.

But overall, yes, the bar from 6 is now set ultra high, but I've seen the improvement growing in OCR albums since DKC2 (which was great despite never playing it), with Speed of Sound and so on.

</tangent>

• 2 weeks later...