Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing on the front page that is not going on is possibly Iifa tree.

Unfortunately I had to do eternal harvest myself when someone dropped it but I'm really happy with how its going. Almost finished recording my parts and then I have a little live instrument outsourcing to do but not long now.

I spoke to djp about his track the other day and uh... yeah maybe i'll show him that front page to drive the message home about how close we are.

Don't worry, the full name is Separate Ways (Worlds Apart). So it's only the secondary name.

Haha, this kid knows his Journey. I like it.

Anyway, is there/will there be any Kickstarter or anything for this? I would like to throw money at people to perhaps incentivize more tracks, etc.

Anyway, is there/will there be any Kickstarter or anything for this? I would like to throw money at people to perhaps incentivize more tracks, etc.

No. The Balance and Ruin Kickstarter was a lot of work and it's still ongoing. It'll be a long time before OC ReMix is ready to organize and manage another crowd-funding effort.

I personally am a little hesitant of the idea of doing another Square Enix kickstarter, but if they decide they wanna do it, I'll support it 500%. But honestly I'd personally like to see them opt for a "Support OCR month" instead to accomplish such a thing.

Hey Fishy! Anything new with the album? What's the word? :-D

That sounds good, too. Haha. It's a bummer that it can't be epically huge, but I will, of course, be grateful for anything that y'all come up with. :)

As mentioned previously, there are no Kickstarters or such planned in the foreseeable future for projects like this. However, if you're feeling passionate about the music being made on here Overclocked ReMix is always accepting donations - on the top left of the screen is a donate button, which can help the site out overall in site-related costs, if you're so inclined.

Just throwing that out there. :)

Also, this album WILL be epically huge - it just won't have the same kind of coverage or benefits as the FF6 album had (such as CDs being sent to backers, and such). 50+ tracks on an album is pretty damn epic, as far as albums go.

As mentioned previously, there are no Kickstarters or such planned in the foreseeable future for projects like this. However, if you're feeling passionate about the music being made on here Overclocked ReMix is always accepting donations - on the top left of the screen is a donate button, which can help the site out overall in site-related costs, if you're so inclined.

Just throwing that out there. :)

Also, this album WILL be epically huge - it just won't have the same kind of coverage or benefits as the FF6 album had (such as CDs being sent to backers, and such). 50+ tracks on an album is pretty damn epic, as far as albums go.

Not to mention all the swag you can get by going to the Store link at the top of the page that ALSO helps support OCR. ;-)

Certainly - I didn't mean to insinuate that it didn't have a lot of content or anything like that; I'm just a FFIX freak, so more is always better, but I'm definitely appreciative of whatever comes out.

Checking out the store now :D

I'm just a FFIX freak,

Well I'm a VII freak, but in general the music from all the games up to IX, and the OCR albums have been amazing...

I mean, considering the themes, I can see VIII being a belter...

Tho VI > VII despite my love for FFVII, OCR album wise.

But IX could be a monster...

So much eager.