Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

For some reason, the FFIX soundtrack does feel a bit like a "November" album for me. Wouldn't that be nice, listening to some heart-warming songs on Thanksgiving?

I'm just happy since I now finally got ahold of a DAW. I just wish I knew how to use it properly (so many buttons and how do I instrument oh god :shock:)

• 2 weeks later...

This will seem like a plea to get it done faster but actually...aw hell i cant lie it is.

When i woke up this morning (8:30 on the east coast on tuesday) i found out one of my favorite games was getting on on the Extra Life campaign on Nov 2. I'm organizing a 24 hour spotify playlist as i plan to stream and take part in this with Warframe. Warframe's music isnt bad but it needs more spice especially for a 24/5 hour campaign like this. I'm taking tunes from wherever i can find good music and so far i'm up to 17 hours when i include some of the best movie soundtracks and Balance and Ruin.

I would love to have this project as part of that list for this endeavor.

• 2 weeks later...
so we expect this album out this month right?

I'm not sure where this expectation is coming from o.O Fishy last said they were very near evaluation (not in it), and there's been no other indication that the album has entered the evaluation state, or that a release month has been given.

Unless I completely missed something on a different thread.

AFAIK, there's a project or two ahead of this one anyway. I think the Sonic CD project might be ahead of it, and I know for sure that Super Mario 64's already through eval, so that's almost certainly coming first. Although, I never did get around to listening through the OCR Talkback episode that Fishy talked about this project in (because a solid hour's a hard thing for me to spend in one place these days), so I don't know what the last thing he's said on it's status was.

Short version: It'll come when it comes, and only Fishy and the site staff have a real idea of when that is. (Well, and the project staff too.) Be patient!

Dang...was really hopeful of sometime before the end of the year...Well...all i can say is as long as its awesome...

I'm sure it will be. I'll just amuse myself with Anchorman 2 for the next few months, then all of a sudden the album will be out! :)