Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

The next one was just submitted, again Adalbert but together with Beatrix this time.

nebelueberfall_by_angelus_tenebrae-d8cet1k.jpg

Steiner and Beatrix by Angelus-Tenebrae

Like said, I would prefer having time till around May. That would allow me to make our Album and Art Collaboration something where both the Music and the Visual Art would be represented in equal parts and we could publish it as a 15th Anniversary Tribute to Final Fantasy IX by both of our communities.

Forgive me for not knowing but who was it that said you had to be done by January 31st? I don't see how the album could be close to coming out by then... not to even mention the few albums that are in front of this 1 for release. But maybe I just don't know what the heck is going on here which could be the case since it's not overly transparent. :lol:

AS for this painting. Wow, very nice work. The thing that struck me as odd is how in the 2 pictures, the manner that Steiner has been "humanized". He has been made to look more "normal" in these paintings whereas in the game he has a weird type of Pinocchio look to him. Pic http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130321032140/finalfantasy/images/b/b5/Adelbert_Steiner_character.jpg

Not saying it's wrong or anything and the artistic interpretation is pretty awesome. Just saying it initially struck me as odd just due to him not looking absolutely ridiculous with the Jay Leno chin proportions and stuff like that.

GBK666 are you in charge of the art? Is there any way you could have someone draw a character from FF9 as Nicolas Cage (or Nicolas Cage as a character from FF9)

Just for personal reasons I guess. :3

Cause I kinda want to see that and I couldn't do it meself... all I could do was put a Cage voice clip in one of my songs for the album...

Nicholas Cage as someone from FF9? ....

I can toss that request around but not promise anything lol.

The deadline was given to me and with that the artists by Larry. I was contacted first by DJ Pretzel here via the forum in August or September already, but since I am not often in the forum I did not see it and Larry contacted me via email in the first November week. The first idea was to make a contest on ocr like with the Mario 64 Tribute before, but I thought that it could be a good opportunity to do collaboration. From an FF Art Collaboration on ga-hq I knew that there are many FF fans there who would love to work on something FFIX related, and honestly, presenting something together with ocr is an honor!

@the painting. Every character was given to a different artist, but I gave absolutely no guidelines about the looks or styles the drawings would have, even I don't have a clue how the next submissions will look but everyone of the artists is pretty awesome and they all loved FFIX!

Happy Fifth Anniversary to this project! (at least this thread)

I'm thrilled to see it moving....I'm not active, but trust me I lurk on the site at least once a day, and this project more than ANY other in the history of OCR has my excitement. I'm thrilled with the track choices and of the remixers doing them, and I wait with baited breath for the release. I love the artwork so far, and commend the team here for sticking with the project over so long a period.

Cheers! :D

This is around 5 years in the works?

Woooah.

The next of the artworks is ready, this time its Eiko and her Moogles.

eiko_and_her_moogles_by_skence-d8cx530.png

It was made by Skence

There will be a few more artworks than planned but I bet not all of them will be finished this month. There will be some Bestia /Eidolons/Summons related artworks including Odin.

And sorry but nobody wanted to draw Nicholas Cage as a Final Fantasy IX character :(

The next one is done :-)

amano_amarant_by_blackorb00-d65fpe2.jpg

By Blackorb00

Edit: Yes this is from 2013 and was not done now, but the artist which is a long-time GA-HQ member and a big of Final Fantasy IX asked me personally if this piece can be part of the project and I hope thats okay for everyone else as well.

Edited by GBK666

The next one is done :-)

Edit: Yes this is from 2013 and was not done now, but the artist which is a long-time GA-HQ member and a big of Final Fantasy IX asked me personally if this piece can be part of the project and I hope thats okay for everyone else as well.

It's newer than most of my mixes for the album :lol: and it looks awesome! Nice work!

Thats great .

Two more are ready, Quina and an illustration of the villains by the artist wh also made the Amarant piece. I expect the majority of the artworks next week, am often getting the submissions in the last 3 days before a deadline ends.

quina_quen_final_fantasy_ix_by_superedco-d8er4gq.jpg

by SuperEdco who also made the new Album Cover

queen_brahne_and_co_by_blackorb00-d8ddzuk.jpg

Queen Brahme and other villains by Blackorb00

Yeah, those are thumbnails of course, thought those are better for this forum thread than the big versions which can be seen on the dA profiles of the artists.

I have three variations with different fonts for the cover:

Edit: Removed the Cover, Don't have a thumbnail atm, am going to make a package of all the artworks later anyway

Edited by GBK666

Am just back from work, removed the big cover art,I don't have a thumbnail of it right now (and am hungry) will make one tomorrow.

Glad @ everyone who liked the artworks so far. For us it is a real honor to work on an official collaboration with OCR and make the Final Fantasy a damn great Music and Art Tribute.