OCR01970 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "A Path to Hyrule"

djpretzel

This is amazing. The electronica style, the hard beats, the whole song just whaps the listener over the head with talent.

I'm honestly surprised, not because I'm not used to this kind of music or even electronica paired with Legend of Zelda... but just that I'd never thought of this theme as being quite so awesome. Great job, man! :-P

Some parts of this remind me of Pendulum, but this isn't really DnB becuase the drums aren't as wanktacular.

I'm not a big fan of that breakdown about halfway through. On my systems it loses some of what I loved about it then, but then again if I were watching this on the mainstage at say... MagFest I would probably just be bobbing up and down and screaming

"FOOOK YEA BIOTCH!"

So, in conclusion, this mix rocks, and my floor shook. Good work all around then. :D

What starts off a simple remix of the tried and true Castle Theme, it evolves into something much more than that. Sooner or later, I lost track of the overall rhythm of the song, and that's when I started to truly appreciate it for what it was: unique, catchy, and overall a great trip. I just let the song take me wherever it wanted to take me, and I didn't mind at all that I couldn't always keep up with it.

Good stuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"--==EPIC==--" is all I have to say. This really brings back memories of the old days when gaming was so new. There's something in the old games that can never become of the new games, I guess because gaming was still in its infancy back then and it was so fresh, just like this song. It could also do with the fact that I was just a kid back then and was very impressionable, so games were the bee's knees back then.

I'm just so thankful for such a supreme site as this that allows people with supreme talent to grace us with their art.

Awesome show! Great Job!

• 4 months later...

its hard to find a DNB mix that isn't overpowering with the....DNB. (think powerpuff girls intro)

i find most DNB songs lack individuality because of that inherent snair/tom/kick combo, (think 99% of all regaeton music) but this mix is distinct and remembers its about Zelda, not your Phat beat. dont forget to turn the light off when you leave hyrule castle.

thank you for this awesome audio.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01970 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "A Path to Hyrule"