OCR01170 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "This Heart"

Why can I not recognize this theme from SD 3? ARG. This a great little number though, and shit yeah it does remind me of the movie Titanic. I'm going to run off right now to play SD 3 and see where this theme is. The resmeblances to Titanic are painfully obvious to just about anyone im sure, but once you get the horrid images of Leo DeCrapio buttering up that "chick who's name i forgot," then you can really appreciate this piece. Its VERY well done in my opinion. Might be too happy sounding for me but still a great number. Good stuff.

Her name is Kate Winslet. :roll:

Definitely resembles the Titanic theme...that movie had the lamest ending ever...he tried to get on the piece of wood one time and then just gave up when they could have easily both fit on it....that has always bothered the hell out of me.. Other than that I have to confess (against my better judgment that I enjoyed the movie....

Anyways the mix. I like it. Then again I'v always enjoyed this type of music. It just seems very delicate. Nice work for sure.

Beautiful mix. I remember listening to it in the WIP, and thinking it was top notch then. It does have similarities to Titanic, but seriously, that movies so old that it shouldnt matter.

I dont know why people even remember that stupid movie and its theme.

I never thought of the Titanic theme when I heard this at VGMix, but now that people have mentioned it, I hear some similarities. I think Destiny's piece is much better, of course: more overall goodness + less Dion factor = totally solid.

Why can I not recognize this theme from SD 3? ARG.

It's the music that plays during the cutscene with the mana stones that plays before your hero takes the sword. It's also played briefly (and cut short, I might add) during the ending.

I shall paste my review from-- that *other* place! :P

Get your heads off the Titanic theme, people :P Though this remix *is* to the remix world what Titanic was to the movie world :P

Ah yes, now that I actually *have* listened to this wonderful little piece, time to review it. No point in saying what's been said musically, though, so I'm going to do what I do better and review it more from a more emotional/psychological standpoint (and get my usual, like, 1% meta :P Yay!)

When it starts off, by the time the vocals kick in, it reminds me of snow falling... maybe tears. Maybe just falling in general. Falling in love, falling into desperation... just falling and letting everything go. And whether that falling leads to something good or something bad... well, like you said in your writeup, it depends on one's state of mind. It's very releasing, though, and the perfect beginning to such an emotional piece-- it's no wonder it's affected so many of the reviewers so deeply.

The main melody, whether it's the cello (?) or the piano or the flute, but especially the flute, feels like hope, or looking back on a memory, or a dream... something good; something warm-- possibly even joy itself. It feels the most warm around that 2:16 - 3:10 or so. But then that are other parts, like the section right before that, where even the flute feels sad. Like a longing for something not obtained.

The saddest part is of course the vocals, but a lot of the backing, like the piano, really give it that extra depth I think you were shooting for. The way the piano echoes sometimes, or hits the same note repeatedly like it does, feels like ripples the ocean. Like those tears or snowflakes hitting the water. Really a good idea for adding depth to a piece like this. If it were lacking even one of the elements like that one or the strings flowing in and out the same way the vocals did at the beginning, it just wouldn't have the same depth or reach that it does. You accomplished what you set out to do :P And I wouldn't have *added* anything either; there's just the right amount of stuff going on.

The ending, of course, trails off the same way it began. Was there emptiness and sadness at the beginning, filled by hope and warmth in the middle, but then it just left or dies away again in the end? Or is that just the satisfaction and peace of mind that comes with obtaining that dream? There's no one right way to feel about this mix; it could be played at a wedding just as easily as at a funeral. And I think that's what makes it the Stuff of Legends-- there's something in it for everyone.

But undoubtedly, the entire piece is very reflective. Very introspective. And if you don't love it, you don't have a heart :P

I associate this song with falling in love w/ my gf. When I would talk to her online I would always play this, because it seemed so fitting. It gives me the feeling that I'm in a free-fall, tumbling forever but without a care, suspended in perfect contentment and beauty. Thanks, Destiny. Your music does more for people than you can realize.

One of the best remixes I've heard in a long time. Heh I have it as the sole item on my playlist at the moment, on Repeat, and have absolutely no desire to press stop anytime soon :D

Thanks. It's beautiful, and inspires me to want to be a better musician.

Wow!... I think im gunna cry. i havent herd a song with this quality for ages. i was waiting for the main melody to use a crapy instrument like they do in some of the other mixes that start off good but end poo, but it dident!

I would recomend downloading this remix.

FlashX

Great samples you have there O_o. I for one, don't really see the resemblance between it and the Titanic theme. I'm not thinking of it at all. It's a wonderful piece, but I wish the melody by the cello could come abit stronger at 0:58, but other than that, beautiful. Thank you.

I have had this song since it was first posted on VGMix, and I've been wondering when it would come to OCR...in short, this remix is just beautiful. Not only do I get my wish for a Delicate Affection remix (this song is probably my favorite from Seiken Densetsu 3), I get one that just oozes with affection.

I'm pretty sure any comment I make would be excessive, as Helen already has had plenty of comments from VGMix, so I'll just leave off at a great job!

I asked, and I recieved! When I reviewed Helen's first song, I specifically asked for a mix of this song, and boy did I get it! What an incredible piece of music. This is a remix of my absolute favorite song from SD3, and it surpasses the original in every way. Now, one might not think that a Super Nintendo song would be hard to surpass, but 'Delicate Affection' had a quality to it that's hard for me to describe. This mix captures it, and indeed, makes it even better. I love the sort of 'concert hall echo' that has been applied to the mix. Also, the sample quality is awesome. I myself don't use samples, but I've listened to enough mixes to know these are top end. And thank God, I am not plagued by thoughts of the Titanic theme song, because I've never seen the movie! Well, except the good part where Leotardo DeCrappiho drowns. :lol: EXCELLENT work from Destiny, who is quickly carving her niche in OC history. Keep it up!

Beautiful....moved me enough to actually post here...very well aranged. and yes it does remind me of the titanic theme...it has to do with that...whatever that higher pitched windsoundingtypething that im not entirely sure what it is... =D

I cannot comprehend to you how beautiful this piece is. I've been waiting to hear something that capitvated me as much as this did for such a long time. The vocal oo's and ahh's are just gorgeous. Every instrument compliments each other to their fullest.

.. I think I'm going to go find a corner to cuddle into listening to this, and cry. BEAUTIFUL. Download this -now- if you haven't already. 8O:o:o

I was in pensive thought after listening to this masterpiece when all of a sudden I read this...

Good thinking. How's this for a standing ovulation!

... and I burst out laughing. Pardon my underdeveloped highschool brain. Ahehehehe.... ^_^;

Anyway, this is one of those songs that really makes you think. As I stated, I was in deep pensive thought over how grand this beauty was. (It actually helped bump me out of my writers block so I could write a story for my Creative Writing class. Thanks! ^.^) The samples and arrangement were divine. It truly was beautiful. I look forward to your next submission.

Bravo. *Applauds* ^o^

The samples aren't the greatest of quality - the strings in general aren't that great, especially the cello at around :57. The production is also very new-age muzak, which isn't my thing, but that's not really the point.

But all in all, this is a pretty good arrangement - both the piano and flute are well sequenced and the strings serve their purpose. I wouldn't say it's an overwhelming arrangement (it doesn't expand on the original overwhelmingly but that's not exactly a necessity given how much of the original there is), and it certainly could sound better with some more convincing samples, but it's fairly well done as is.

More like "This Heart Will Go On." ;). This is a good mix, but nothing really outstanding about it. It's got some good points, however. The voice is very nice, and some of the flute parts are nice, as well, but I think it's overused. A different instrument should have taken over for part of the song, I think. But, considering the samples you've got to work with, this is very nice!

• 8 months later...

So....yeah, this mix....not too many tracks of any description that inspire emotion in me like this one....I think Zeal Love is the only other one to do so thus far...

This track is moving - I downloaded the original RSN after hearing this to compare them....and there is no comparison. This Heart >> Delecate Affection.

As with Zeal Love, if you're the emotional type, keep some tissues handy.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01170 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "This Heart"