OCR01971 - Langrisser II "The Prophecy of Alhazard"

djpretzel

Om, nom, nom ... crunchy! In a good way.

(Yeah, I've been hanging out at TASVideos too much.)

Oh, and as I'm sure you'll hear sooner or later: As with all good sword-and-sorcery scenarios, "Langrisser" (lit. "lung-ripper") is the name of a legendary sword within the game world, in this case one of two that carry the power of the gods. I believe that particular aspect (sword name = game title) actually carried over when they localized the first game as Warsong -- unfortunately the game's manual is currently too far away to check.

HOLY BUCKETS THAT'S LOUD

But good. Loud but good. I love it.

People always complain about my music being loud. Turn your speaker down. I just try to master as loud as the pros do, limit to -.1db to prevent clipping. :)

Not that I should really be surprised, but this song is fantastic. As soon as I knew who was involved, I knew it would be. The guitar recording is perfect, and it doesn't seem to be an amp sim. The production is professional quality, and the mixing is superb. Even the programmed drums sound very well done.

Good song.

People always complain about my music being loud. Turn your speaker down. I just try to master as loud as the pros do, limit to -.1db to prevent clipping. :)

Not that I should really be surprised, but this song is fantastic. As soon as I knew who was involved, I knew it would be. The guitar recording is perfect, and it doesn't seem to be an amp sim. The production is professional quality, and the mixing is superb. Even the programmed drums sound very well done.

Good song.

Unless mes amies here have radically changed their gear setups, what you are hearing is all amp sims. Also, there is a huge difference between mastering as loud as the pros do (easy 1 button press), and achieving the clarity that pro recordings have while still getting an almost painfully high RMS.

This track is definitely pushing it in some sections, but there are some spots where it eases up a bit into breakdowns that gives a rest, and also when it comes to pushing tracks really hard, Dr. M and Sim tend to sound the cleanest.

Great playing and pacing, this is a sweet track.

Just keep developing your ear, Oinkness. :-)

Just keep rocking, Simon and Hugo. :-)

I heard this DoD like a half a year ago or so, it was awesome then, and it still is awesome now. It won a DoD free month for good reason!

Keeps my interest all the way through, very clean recording as others have commented. It doesn't clip at all as far as I can tell. Just great all around, great job ScaredSim and Dr. Manhattan!

I like some mixes to be produced very loud with the caveat that they remain uncluttered by the loudness. Some songs just truly sound better cranked to the limit, and I know OA will back me on that one. This sounds pretty damn good without coming off as compromising loudness for substance. I never feel like the track is being loud just to cover up something that's either missing or not mixed properly. It. Sounds. Great. (take into account I'm probably also going deaf)

With every song, Dr. Manhattan keeps impressing me. And of course, gotta give my <3 to the guitars. They're expressive without going for the all-technical-flash, no-emotion approach. They do their function, and they're mixed great. This makes the entire mix shine. It definitely has a Mega Man feel to me, just from the leads and harmonies. The selection of instruments may be small, but they're picked intelligently.

There aren't many negatives I could point out, except a few minor things with the drums. Otherwise, I'll take this and add it my driving mix, if you don't mind!

*SPEEDS DOWN 695 at 180 MPH!*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Badass! This is the kind of rocking ReMix that I can listen to all day long and never get the least bit tired of. I keep wanting to say that 1:30 to 2:00 reminds me of another ReMix I really like, but as usual my memory fails me at the moment. The guitars playing is superb, the drums are good enough for me, and all around, it just kicks a lot of ass. This is the kind of mix that demands to be played loud, and it's better that way. Best mix I've heard in a while.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01971 - Langrisser II "The Prophecy of Alhazard"
  • 2 months later...