NFL Playoffs

atmuh

Fuck the Jets

actually, fuck the chargers :(

as a lifelong raider fan, i take great pleasure in seeing the chargers fail. i really do. however, this is one of those times when i am borderline empathetic with charger nation only because their team really are a bunch of chokers. i know a great deal of charger fans, great friends in fact, who have enjoyed the past 7 or 8 years of AFC west dominance while shitting on my raiders with disdain from their perch atop the division. i feel bad that they have to endure such repetitive, routine failure. their machine unplugs itself about this time of year. all that shitalking loses much of its edge when you already know they aren't going to the super bowl before the playoffs even begin.

i proudly remind them that my team, unlike theirs, has at least played in a super bowl in the past decade :D

today's meltdown caused me to have an imperfect weekend of 3-1. i didn't call the game in their favor because i disrespected the jets, i did because i excessively respected the chargers. unfortunately, they proved once again that they are coached by a pussy, their kicker is a choke artist, a majority of their players are immature and full of themselves and when it mattered most near the end of the game, only their super stud QB, rivers (whom i love btw, he's the man. end of story) had fire in his eyes, trying to rush his troops back to the line of scrimmage, trying to lead them down the field. what were his "troops?" doing? strutting, walking nonchalantly, still, in spite of trailing late, overlooking their opponents like the cocky underachieving team they've come to be known as.

the jets came to play. boy, did they ever. the ryan family is blessed with great coaches and he had his men on point and ready to play some fucking football. they ran the ball hard and they committed to it. sanchez did what he needed to do and while he's no broadway joe, he's certainly DURTY SUNCHEZ. the defense is probably the best defense i've seen in a long time... i concede the title of top CB in the league on behalf of namdi asomugha to darrel revis. he's amazing. the jets didn't come into qualcomm thinking they were going to get smacked. they played the more disciplined game and deserved to win.

so no. not fuck the jets. fuck the chargers for SUCKING on a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of SUCK.

RRRRRAAAAAAIIIIDDERRRRSSSSSSS

actually, fuck the chargers :(

as a lifelong raider fan, i take great pleasure in seeing the chargers fail. i really do. however, this is one of those times when i am borderline empathetic with charger nation only because their team really are a bunch of chokers. i know a great deal of charger fans, great friends in fact, who have enjoyed the past 7 or 8 years of AFC west dominance while shitting on my raiders with disdain from their perch atop the division. i feel bad that they have to endure such repetitive, routine failure. their machine unplugs itself about this time of year. all that shitalking loses much of its edge when you already know they aren't going to the super bowl before the playoffs even begin.

i proudly remind them that my team, unlike theirs, has at least played in a super bowl in the past decade :D

today's meltdown caused me to have an imperfect weekend of 3-1. i didn't call the game in their favor because i disrespected the jets, i did because i excessively respected the chargers. unfortunately, they proved once again that they are coached by a pussy, their kicker is a choke artist, a majority of their players are immature and full of themselves and when it mattered most near the end of the game, only their super stud QB, rivers (whom i love btw, he's the man. end of story) had fire in his eyes, trying to rush his troops back to the line of scrimmage, trying to lead them down the field. what were his "troops?" doing? strutting, walking nonchalantly, still, in spite of trailing late, overlooking their opponents like the cocky underachieving team they've come to be known as.

the jets came to play. boy, did they ever. the ryan family is blessed with great coaches and he had his men on point and ready to play some fucking football. they ran the ball hard and they committed to it. sanchez did what he needed to do and while he's no broadway joe, he's certainly DURTY SUNCHEZ. the defense is probably the best defense i've seen in a long time... i concede the title of top CB in the league on behalf of namdi asomugha to darrel revis. he's amazing. the jets didn't come into qualcomm thinking they were going to get smacked. they played the more disciplined game and deserved to win.

so no. not fuck the jets. fuck the chargers for SUCKING on a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of SUCK.

RRRRRAAAAAAIIIIDDERRRRSSSSSSS

Your logic is quite sound, my Bay Area Brother (I'm a 49ers fan).

But I still hate the Jets.

If you're a Niners fan, why would you hate the Jets?

Anyhow, definitely didn't expect the Jets to make it this far but am totally glad they did. As an Eagles fan, I've come to terms with the fact that the Eagles are the Chargers of the NFC so I've adopted a few other teams that I root for, mostly AFC teams:

Niners - Loved this team before I loved the Eagles. Hopefully Alex Smith and Mike Singletary (I love his style) can lead the Niners back to prominence in the coming years. I expect to see them back in the playoffs finally in 2010.

Texans - I think this team needs a coaching change. All of the pieces are there on the field...aren't they?

Bills - I lived in Erie for a while and have been to Buffalo as it was just up the highway. In a city where their skyline is literally falling down, I feel sympathetic for Buffalo. They've sold out Bills games for decades but there are still talks every year about how the Bills are going to move to Toronto. I hope that the Bills never move and I hope that the Bills can eventually become a juggernaut once again and at least give the city a championship. Being an Eagles fan and watching the birds choke in 4/5 NFC Champ games and a Superbowl in the past decade, I can't even imagine what it was like for these guys to go to 4 straight Superbowls and lose them all.

Jets - The only NYC based team in all sports that I care for (read: don't hate with a passion). I love Rex Ryan's style of backing up what he says, I love Sanchez's grittiness, I love the Ryan family's defense first approach. If there's any team I'd like to see seal the deal, it's these guys. Also, they have the best regular uniform of the 32 NFL teams and that is essential.

So anyway, I'd love to see a Vikings Jets matchup. Favre vs his team from last year in the SB? Rookie QB/coach against the Favres? Saints v Colts would have been much more intriguing had they both gone undefeated.

Also, no upsets in the NFC yet. Will that trend continue this week?

Your logic is quite sound, my Bay Area Brother (I'm a 49ers fan).

But I still hate the Jets.

:D

agreed my bay area brother. agreed. i just can't take anything away from them in their moment of joy. the colts will do enough of that this weekend lol

If you're a Niners fan, why would you hate the Jets?

Anyhow, definitely didn't expect the Jets to make it this far but am totally glad they did. As an Eagles fan, I've come to terms with the fact that the Eagles are the Chargers of the NFC so I've adopted a few other teams that I root for, mostly AFC teams:

hahaha and i was just tellin my buddy that i thought the eagles were the buffalo bills of this decade lol

Niners - Loved this team before I loved the Eagles. Hopefully Alex Smith and Mike Singletary (I love his style) can lead the Niners back to prominence in the coming years. I expect to see them back in the playoffs finally in 2010.

agreed. i think the niners are close but (OMG) i think the raiders are closer. i grew up a raider fan but my dad never really forgave the raiders for going to LA so he called them the traitors and supported the niners. luckily for me, that meant i got to watch some quality fuckin football all those years in the 80s and 90s. i have quite a bit of adulation for the red n gold and i do think they're close.

Texans - I think this team needs a coaching change. All of the pieces are there on the field...aren't they?

i dunno. kubiak is not a bad coach and unless his staff is whack, i don't think that's what it is. truth is, most of these guys have all been together over the past several years and i think they're just never used to winning... seeing as how this was their first winning season ever as a franchise. that said, their future is bright. after all, they are on the upswing, right?

their offense is explosive (when healthy) and their defense is young and athletic. with a little more experience, they should start playing more consistently. i dont know if its coaching. i just think they're a young, inexperienced team.

give em another year.

Bills - I lived in Erie for a while and have been to Buffalo as it was just up the highway. In a city where their skyline is literally falling down, I feel sympathetic for Buffalo. They've sold out Bills games for decades but there are still talks every year about how the Bills are going to move to Toronto. I hope that the Bills never move and I hope that the Bills can eventually become a juggernaut once again and at least give the city a championship. Being an Eagles fan and watching the birds choke in 4/5 NFC Champ games and a Superbowl in the past decade, I can't even imagine what it was like for these guys to go to 4 straight Superbowls and lose them all.

i knew a girl from buffalo. traumatized like nobody's busines. you couldn't bring up the bills or marv levy or thurman thomas or jim kelly without her going into convulsions. she once wigged out on me for poking fun at her for having endured those years not realizing how seriously she took it

it was terrifying. i never made that mistake again. scary situation up there in buffalo. and sad.

Jets - The only NYC based team in all sports that I care for (read: don't hate with a passion). I love Rex Ryan's style of backing up what he says, I love Sanchez's grittiness, I love the Ryan family's defense first approach. If there's any team I'd like to see seal the deal, it's these guys. Also, they have the best regular uniform of the 32 NFL teams and that is essential.

yeah, they ain't too bad for a new york team. although i must admit, i have no beef with the islanders, i think they're just like the jets.... they're the "other" new york team. i love the ryans.

So anyway, I'd love to see a Vikings Jets matchup. Favre vs his team from last year in the SB? Rookie QB/coach against the Favres? Saints v Colts would have been much more intriguing had they both gone undefeated.

yeah well saints v colts is likely what it's going to be. i'm giving the saints the edge (right now) over the vikes because of the home field. but the vikes have the better D. we'll see. but from where i'm sitting, it looks like colts v saints.

Also, no upsets in the NFC yet. Will that trend continue this week?

we'll see what vegas says :D

i just can't take anything away from them in their moment of joy. the colts will do enough of that this weekend lol

hey man i can definitely agree with you that i think itll be pretty ugly on sunday but after whats happened so far dont be counting them out straight up yet

hey man i can definitely agree with you that i think itll be pretty ugly on sunday but after whats happened so far dont be counting them out straight up yet

it isn't so much straight up. the only thing that really sticks out for me is that, were it not for indy resting its guys (aka peyton), it's doubtful that the jets would even be in this situation right now. i think the colts are dying to prove that point. granted the jets also would love to prove that entire notion wrong but we'll have to see. i'm not ready to make my official pick but at this point, i have to give the edge to peyton. if anything, the colts saw how the jets shut down the chargers (the chargers couldn't challenge the jets deep because they don't have enough speed to get down field against them and couldn't run the ball) and will adjust. the colts have much faster receivers than the chargers and peyton is the king of short, accurate routes underneath... the only "weakness" (if there is such a thing) in the jets great wall of new york.

not making my pick yet and don't hate me for saying it but i think the early advantage goes to indy.

more later on that :D

The Eagles definitely are the Bills of the 2000's. Their main problem is that Andy Reid is actually an awful coach, and he's been winning purely on the talent of Donovan McNabb. If the Eagles were coached by, say, Bill Cowher, they'd have won four Super Bowls last decade.

EDIT- Also my hatred of the Jets is an entirely regional thing.

it isn't so much straight up. the only thing that really sticks out for me is that, were it not for indy resting its guys (aka peyton), it's doubtful that the jets would even be in this situation right now. i think the colts are dying to prove that point. granted the jets also would love to prove that entire notion wrong but we'll have to see. i'm not ready to make my official pick but at this point, i have to give the edge to peyton. if anything, the colts saw how the jets shut down the chargers (the chargers couldn't challenge the jets deep because they don't have enough speed to get down field against them and couldn't run the ball) and will adjust. the colts have much faster receivers than the chargers and peyton is the king of short, accurate routes underneath... the only "weakness" (if there is such a thing) in the jets great wall of new york.

not making my pick yet and don't hate me for saying it but i think the early advantage goes to indy.

more later on that :D

oh dont get me wrong i think indy definitely has the advantage but id think the jets are just as if not more motivated to win this in regards to week 16 because if you listened to any sports radio show EVERYONE said that the jets wouldnt have won that game if the starters stayed in and whether that would be true or not will obviously be never known but the jets now have the opportunity to shut them all up

i dont really think the colts are all that angry about the outcome of that game because as rex said many times in his news conference today the colts had earned the right to do whatever the heck they wanted to do by that point in the season

oh dont get me wrong i think indy definitely has the advantage but id think the jets are just as if not more motivated to win this in regards to week 16 because if you listened to any sports radio show EVERYONE said that the jets wouldnt have won that game if the starters stayed in and whether that would be true or not will obviously be never known but the jets now have the opportunity to shut them all up

i dont really think the colts are all that angry about the outcome of that game because as rex said many times in his news conference today the colts had earned the right to do whatever the heck they wanted to do by that point in the season

exactly. which is why i want to hold off on making my pick. in truth, the jets have more to prove by winning this game than the colts and the worst thing the colts can do at this point is overlook the jets the same way the chargers did (i'm convinced that's precisely what happened... i'm not taking anything away from the jets because they played brilliantly but the chargers' demeanor and performance was that of a team who were sure they'd somehow pull off a win by the end). the colts won't make that mistake.

but yes. rex is a smart man. he says what he needs to say (which is everything lol). his players believe and a football team that believes it can win is a dangerous football team.

we all have heard the adage of "anything can happen on any given sunday" and i've experienced it myself on both sides of the coin... days i was on a team that should have won but didn't and days where i was on the team that didn't have a shot in hell and pulled it off somehow. it usually comes down to very small psychological differences between the two teams.

we. will. see.

yes we will

man i dont think ive ever been this excited for a football game

i can kinda remember back in 98 when they lost to the broncos but i was pretty young then and definitely didnt care as much then as i do now

also i will DEFINITELY be buying a scalped ticket and flyin down to miami if the jets get in the super bowl i dont care how much it costs me

in before the vikings win the super bowl.

They will win, Favre will have a super bowl ring with the packers and their rival. :nicework:

yes we will

man i dont think ive ever been this excited for a football game

i can kinda remember back in 98 when they lost to the broncos but i was pretty young then and definitely didnt care as much then as i do now

also i will DEFINITELY be buying a scalped ticket and flyin down to miami if the jets get in the super bowl i dont care how much it costs me

If the Jets make it, I want them to win. Since Jim Leonhard is a local around my area! WOOOOO GO JETS

The Eagles definitely are the Bills of the 2000's. Their main problem is that Andy Reid is actually an awful coach, and he's been winning purely on the talent of Donovan McNabb. If the Eagles were coached by, say, Bill Cowher, they'd have won four Super Bowls last decade.

The Eagles lost the Superbowl against the Patriots because McNabb doesn't have what it takes in the big games. He's a worm killer. He threw up in the huddle. He couldn't mount a drive down the field without throwing a pick to win the game. The mark of a great player is coming through when it counts most, how often has McNabb ever done that in his career?

The Carolina and Tampa Bay NFC Championship games as well as the Superbowl were lost almost entirely by Donovan. The Rams and Cardinals were defensive flukes.

One or the other has to go and with so much depth at quarterback I'd like to see Kolb or even Vick get a shot. Send Donovan to Cleveland or Oakland, just make sure he doesn't stay within the conference (this will be difficult since he only has one year left on his contract).

One thing I will say about the Reid era now that it's in full effect is that they have to start beefing up the defense again. Macho Harris to replace Brian Dawkins is not working for me (it's not the kid's fault, he was drafted as a cornerback). Almost all of the defensive staples of the dominant 00s Eagles defense were products of Ray Rhodes and now those products are all but gone.

The Eagles lost the Superbowl against the Patriots because McNabb doesn't have what it takes in the big games. He's a worm killer. He threw up in the huddle. He couldn't mount a drive down the field without throwing a pick to win the game. The mark of a great player is coming through when it counts most, how often has McNabb ever done that in his career?

The Carolina and Tampa Bay NFC Championship games as well as the Superbowl were lost almost entirely by Donovan. The Rams and Cardinals were defensive flukes.

One or the other has to go and with so much depth at quarterback I'd like to see Kolb or even Vick get a shot. Send Donovan to Cleveland or Oakland, just make sure he doesn't stay within the conference (this will be difficult since he only has one year left on his contract).

One thing I will say about the Reid era now that it's in full effect is that they have to start beefing up the defense again. Macho Harris to replace Brian Dawkins is not working for me (it's not the kid's fault, he was drafted as a cornerback). Almost all of the defensive staples of the dominant 00s Eagles defense were products of Ray Rhodes and now those products are all but gone.

You're not giving McNabb the credit he deserves.

Name ONE marquee reciever (or even halfway decent reciever) that McNabb has had in his career besides Terrel Owens. That entire offense has been nothing but McNabb and Brian Westbrook making due with subpar talent and an absurdly pass-focused gameplan.

Andy Reid and the front office have no idea how to draft talent. Their defense aged out and now it's in shambles, and their offense is where it's always been, relying on McNabb's ability to make stars out of second string talent.

jam is absolutely correct. you can't put all that blame on mcnabb. sure, he's never won the big game but football is about schemes and andy reid is about as stubbornly narrowminded as they come. he has a prolific passing playbook but you almost need to bring in an OC who runs nothing but rushing plays to offset him. drafting lesean mccoy was a step in the right direction but even then, he was hardly ever utilized in a north to south downhill attack. at least, a consistent one, at any rate. they draft guys like desean jackson and jeremy maclin to run around the field and get open, hoping that their tank of a QB (and one of the very best at avoiding the rush and running around behind the line of scrimmage to buy time... while still looking down field for the pass) will find them. imagine mcnabb in a jets uniform with that defense and that running game (and more importantly, that coaching staff committed to the run .... go marty ball!).

andy reid's strats are a shit scheme and it hasn't worked in winning a championship. mcnabb has the tools and skill set to have a lot of success in a balanced offense where the threat of the run is real, in turn making his ability to run or play action effective.

furthermore, it's really the combination of mcnabb, reid and westbrook that are at fault here. why are we even trying to single out who is most at fault? that's pointless. the fact is: they're no different than the levy/kelly era only that the bills actually went to the superbowl four times and the eagles only once.

and ralph, why did you suggest sending him to cleveland or oakland in that way? do you not realize that both of those teams are on the rise? hell, the raiders beat the eagles. the raiders would be lucky to get mcnabb. they're a QB away from contending in the AFC west.

[/zyko]