Final Fantasy 1 City Theme (aka Town Theme)

Haterade

EDIT: New version (3.0) of the remix is posted at the end of the thread.

First time remixer here. Thought I might throw some love toward a classic theme from my childhood (which is technically called "City Theme" even though "Town" would be more appropriate. Probably a translation issue).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ncnrznmkjuy

Before you ask, the main voice is a glass harmonica.

It was recorded in MuseScore using the FluidR3_GM soundfont. I don't know if there's a better free general MIDI soundfont out there but I'm looking for suggestions.

So... what do you think?

Ah new blood eh? I know that feeling...lol.

Well this is a bit on the sparse side. Doesn't seem to pick up until 1:50 or so. Meanders quite a bit. The samples are also mixed in a weird way which kinda hurts my ears. I think this track really needs backing chords and ow that glass break really hurt lol. This could work in OLR come to think of it lol. But I suppose you're aiming for something more uh serious right??

Anyways, things to look into doing in general:

1)make the samples a lot easier on the ears.

2)make this track pick up and give it some sort of direction

3)add a drum beat or maybe add to your orchestral percussion. Maybe a tambourine rhythm or shakers, etc.

4)a bassline would be nice too

5)backing chords to give the soundscape more depth.

Most of all, don't give up :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your Remix still seems to be pretty raw, but i like the direction it takes.

You should consider makin some Elements more complex.. just like the Choir. It just repeats the chords along with the beat. Try to vary within the chords.

An A-Chord isnt just A-C-E-A at one Time. Blend in Some of the Notes.. like going A-E-A and letting the C Note come in after the half beat.

And dont be afraid to play with knobs or Plugins... you can save before or redo any change you've made.

Gogogo! :D