Thinking about buying an SNES

prophetik music

Two last recommendation (ugh, I keep remembering awesome stuff!)

First, get SNES Zelda. You're an idiot if you get a system and don't play this on it.

Second, consider buying a Super Game Boy if you can find it. Use it with these (and other) Game Boy games:

Donkey Kong (The best use of the SGB easily, and the only game I know that enables FULL color as a result of using it). This plays like the coinop remixed, not like DKC if you didn't know.

Link's Awakening (NOT the color DX version, the black and white original)

Megaman V (The unique Gameboy release -- MM 1-4 on GB is just the NES bosses with remixed levels).

• 3 weeks later...

so i got one from some trailer trash on craigslist last night. paid 50$ for the console, one good controller, one that's got a chew mark on the cord and kind of works, the cabling (the rf adapter, unfortunately, not the real cables), one of those game rack things, and the following games. there are some duplicates, dunno why.

family feud

california games II

top gear

road runner's death valley rally

terminator 2

lion king

vegas stakes

dinocity

home alone 2

super off road: the baja

college football 97

nhl 94

super r-type

pga tour 96

monopoly (x2)

super mario world (x3, one's got the name in the middle of the top instead of starting on the left)

tecmo super bowl

super mario all stars

donkey kong country 2

f-zero

killer instict

ken griffey jr. presents major league baseball

yoshi's safari

uncharted waters

street fighter II

gradius III

zombies ate my neighors

and a super game boy with link's awakening in it.

i'm planning on keeping the super mario games, f-zero, super r-type, gradius, tecmo super bowl, zamn (not sure it works right), donkey kong, and monopoly.

any reason i should save more of them?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Stunt Race FX

Super Castlevania IV (I don't care if you're not into Castlevania, this is required playing)

Mega Man X1-X3 (Same as above)

F-Zero

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (don't shun it because it's not like the rest: It's still a good game)

U.N. Squadron (you need this, if only for the soundtrack. It's amazing)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

You are my new best friend. Especially for the UN Squadron comment. Fucking amazing tunes in that game.

What's the difference (besides color)?

Truth be told, I don't recall if the color version works with the Super Gameboy or not, and I didn't want him to get something that wouldn't work. The color version is the superior version of the game in most respects: there's an added dungeon, and the warp glitch is removed. No matter what, it's a Zelda game from the era where the franchise defined excellence in videogames.

Brad, I'd keep the Lion King (which was a surprisingly decent game) and Super GB Zelda in addition to what you mentioned in your list. Try to add Uniracers and SNES Zelda, and you'll have a pretty good set of games to start with.

I remember R-Type and Final Fight being very fun.

I would recommend Killer Instinct but you said you you don't like fighting games.

Since you said you like RPG's I have to recommend Mystic Quest. Fun game and a really, really good soundtrack.

Brainlord was/is one of my favorite games ever released on the SNES.

Kirby Motherfucking Super Star.

Terranigma and Earthbound are supposed to be good, but I've never really had the chance to get into them. Same with Secret of Mana.

Contra III. Super Punch-Out. Link to the Past. Not going to recommend Super Metroid because I actually didn't like it much, but I'm sure someone will.

All of this and Lufia 2. Especially Kirby. Geeeez.

Bah. I picked up Earthbound with Dragon Quests III and IV for $100 years ago.

If it was new, I'd say get it, otherwise that cart and all the stuff inside it is 15 years old and has probably seen just as long use, abuse, and wear. I'd skip it unless that money was literally burning a hole in your pocket and you didn't own any other pants at home (which, of course is idiotic since pants are much cheaper and easier to obtain in every size. Yes, even the astronomical ones.)

Bah. I picked up Earthbound with Dragon Quests III and IV for $100 years ago.

If it was new, I'd say get it, otherwise that cart and all the stuff inside it is 15 years old and has probably seen just as long use, abuse, and wear. I'd skip it unless that money was literally burning a hole in your pocket and you didn't own any other pants at home (which, of course is idiotic since pants are much cheaper and easier to obtain in every size. Yes, even the astronomical ones.)

Apparently, the guy who sold it to the store was a collector or something (obviously, he wasn't too bright on the monetary value end) and the carts are in perfect condition.