Spider-Man 4 Scrapped

Sindra

Agreed. That third movie was terrible.

Apparently the plans are to reboot the franchise and do something closer to Ultimate Spider-man, with Peter in high school. Considering how great a series USM is, I'm ready for a fresh start. Hopefully they get the right creative people on board (i.e. people that know comics).

They should take a cue from DC's reorganization and get actual comics writers as creative consultants on the project, especially if they're aiming for something close to USM; get Brian Michael Bendis on board!

I like how Sony immediately says reboot after scrapping 4. I guess all the companies have to be careful now and constantly be active with their franchises, or else Disney Marvel will snatch back control.

Edit: Oh, and I will further lament the loss of a Lizard movie. Three films, three name drops, and they couldn't decide on a villain for the fourth film?. F*** you Raimi.

I like how Sony immediately says reboot after scrapping 4. I guess all the companies have to be careful now and constantly be active with their franchises' date=' or else Disney Marvel will snatch back control.

Edit: Oh, and I will further lament the loss of a Lizard movie. Three films, three name drops, and they couldn't decide on a villain for the fourth film?. F*** you Raimi.[/quote']

Exactly! That's why we hear of all the companies taking the licenses they got to make the films of these super heroes after the Marvel Disney buy out.

I don't think the Lizard would have been in the fourth film. Besides, the Vulture as a villain is not what I call a big bad guy. Raimi felt the need to kill off two of the major villains in the first two films, leaving little to go from there.

The third film made me hate the other two films. They meddled with the Green Goblin too much. Although I did like William Dafoe as the Goblin. I think the Second was the best, but it suffered from being WAY TOO campy. I mean, how many women scream in front of the camera? That alone got on my nerves. Spiderman wasn't a cheesy horror Raimi, no matter how much you would have wanted it to be.

While I think a fresh start would be great, I honestly hope they do it right this time. And have Gwen Stacy in the FIRST FILM.

I think there needs to be more time between films for a reboot. By 2012 it'll be 5 years since Spidey 3, and only 10 after Spidey 1.

At least with Batman we were 16 years from the first and 8 years from the last (Batman and Robin), and we were all well divorced from the franchise before the reboot.

It's way too early to start Spiderman again. Maybe at least 2015-2017 at the earliest...

Spider-Man 3 was the only movie thus far to make me walk out of the theater genuinely pissed off.

Some of the characters... especially when I found out that Venom was scrawny.

Sandman didn't really bother me (I thought the sand-morphing was cool). Not really too mad about that. The Green Goblin fights cracked me up so I wasn't too upset about that. What got me most was how WRONG the story was! That right there can RUIN a movie! Destroy it! Completely obliterate it!

Put me in the "pessimistic" category when it comes to this recent development. You guys think we're getting away from the emo Peter of SM3? Did you guys forget that they're going back to Peter's highschool days? I definitely can't wait for generalized stereotypes of teen angst to be stuffed down my throat. And by can't wait, I mean it might be a deal breaker for me, unless the movie gets stellar reviews. Who knows, maybe Shia Lebouff (sp) or Zach Efron can be the new Peter...*groan*