Spider-Man 4 Scrapped

Sindra

Anne Hatheway as Felicia Harding was going to be HORRIBLE. Why? They were going to scrap the idea of Black Cat altogether and make her into what the retards with Raimi's company called the Vultress. A female Vulture. I say, godspeed to whoever is heading up this new reboot. And this time, maybe we'll see a director who isn't going to spit in the faces of Venom's biggest fans and do it right.

Anne Hatheway as Felicia Harding was going to be HORRIBLE. Why? They were going to scrap the idea of Black Cat altogether and make her into what the retards with Raimi's company called the Vultress. A female Vulture. I say, godspeed to whoever is heading up this new reboot. And this time, maybe we'll see a director who isn't going to spit in the faces of Venom's biggest fans and do it right.

My God, are you serious!? That's worse than making Venom scrawny.

$$$

...($)

Both of you just made it clear on why they make controversial changes: the controversy makes the money (sometimes), but only for so long.

Risk-takers should go skydiving, not plot-remixing. Olderplot remix. :<

You know, what really set Spider-Man apart as a character was how vulnerable he was as a human. Whereas the Fantastic Four were a bunch of rich supermodels/playboys (except for the Thing, buy still), and the DC guys were very straightforward, Spider-Man was set apart for being a vulnerable teenager with this power forced upon him. He didn't necessarily want it and it messes with his life constantly. Portraying his high school years is more faithful for how the comics originally started.

What really made Spider-Man special at the time was that he was not just vulnerable in general, but also to things we usually dismiss in comic books due to suspense of disbelief. Like having to wash and repair his suit, and there's one issue where he's swinging around but then really has to go take a dump, so he rushes into a café to use their restroom, but the clerk tells him it's for paying customers only so he's forced to order a coffee as well. It's moments like those that just make the character much more believable.

I was actually pretty pissed off to hear about this especially after hearing how Raimi finally got back creative control over the film after the studio made a trainwreck of Spiderman 3. Spiderman 2 is still one of my favorite superhero movies to this day and, not being familiar with the comics, the casting really didn't bother me. I was hoping for the 4th one to be a return to form but unfortunately that won't be happening.

I also agree there should be some time between reboots, the Spidey trilogy is still somewhat fresh, a reboot at this point seems premature.

We'll see what happens, I guess cautious optimism would be the expression... I look at what they were able to do with the Hulk (Ed Norton's version) and Star Trek and at least I have a little hope...

I liked the first Hulk with.. who was it.. Eric Bana? So I never watched the new Hulk. Heard it did pretty well though, so good for them. As for this new Spider-man reboot, I can't support this at all. Instead of trying to start over, they should ball-kick the people responsible for messing up Spider-man 3 and get everything back to working order. They're basically doing the opposite of what would make Spider-man good.

That whole Macey Gray scene in Spider-Man was pretty terrible. In fact, I think the first movie was pretty terrible, and like was said before, the good thing about it was it set up Spider-Man 2 decently.

The only redeemable movie was Spider-Man 2, though I thought some of the story didn't make sense at all. The subway part, yeah that was really awesome, I even kind of forgave the bleeding heart reaction afterwards where they carried him over their heads and took off his mask (it was kind of corny and overplayed IMO) but still done okay... And Tobey's brothers were annoying lol. But yeah... That wedding scene thing also kind of made me groan too actually... But anyway... When Spidey 2 was good, it was really good, and made up for some of the parts that bothered me, is what I am trying to get at.

Spider-Man 3 was just asking to be awesome, SM2 set it up so awesomely, and they just took a big dump all over everything instead. They built up Peter and Harry's relationship and rivalry pretty well. They built up Harry as having great potential for a villain as well. Green Goblin 2 would have been more than enough IMO.

They should have left Sandman out, and they definitely should have left Venom out, since they portrayed him so horribly.

If the studio insisted that they do the Venom story Arc and suit, EVEN AFTER setting up the last Green Goblin story arc, they should have teamed him up with Venom and MAYBE if they played their cards right, they would have had a decent movie. I mean wasn't Spider-Man 3 like three hours long, they COULD have done it... Goddamnit :(

BUT I GUESS I AM USED TO DISAPPOINTMENT in movie franchises like this. This isn't the first or the last time Hollywood takes a shit all over my favorite stuff.