The Man's Ear

JH Sounds

themansearbanner.jpg

This is an original album of mine mostly containing material that I've written for compos, remade and/or tweaked.

Track list:

01 "Beginning"

02 "The Oasis"

03 "Front Row Seat"

04 "Kitchen Findings"

05 "In Flight"

06 "Morning Jaunt"

07 "Inna Mean Huff"

08 "Loose Bruises"

09 "Heisty Bash"

10 "Cellar"

11 "The Old Roulette"

12 "Tipsy Medley"

13 "Be Thankful"

14 "Liftoff"

15 "What Lurks Beneath"

16 "The Oasis (early version)"

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Mirrors:

MegaUpload

MediaFire

Thought it was a great 2009 retrospective album from J64H. Appreciated the unique style and versatility per usual.

At the same time, I also think you reached the limits of using samples that aren't particularly outstanding on their own.

No matter how much patience, practice and skills are involved, not upgrading your sound can drag you down at some point.

I trust you'll stay as creative and productive as ever. But you need to step your game up for 2010. ;-)

Good listen nonetheless. Keep it up JH!

• 3 weeks later...

Been a long enough time between me getting this and me posting about it. This is a good improvement over his last release, however the problems with previous releases are still there, just lessened.

There needs to be a bit more humanization in your work, as many of the tracks feel quite stiff. The plus side is that your style reminds me of work that eventually could be kind of like the World of Goo soundtrack. What's holding you back is more refined production and samples! You can still do more with what you have, but only so much.

Definitely chill stuff and easy listening, could easily be backing music for stuff.

Your mixing levels need a little work, some instruments tend to stand out way more than they probably intend to. Just keep at it, you're making progress. Good album, but it's a testament to growth, both what you've done and what you need to do :)

What Lurks Beneath is definitely my favorite track.