OCR00414 - Street Fighter II "Tatsumakisenputronic"

Ginnsu

Street Fighter II 'Tatsumakisenputronic'

Awesome electronic sounds and it’s just the right length if you’re a fan of techno. I love the mood that is set by the chords and piano in the beginning that carries right into the high energy techno beats. The voice samples add an emphasis of power and strength that reflects the attitude of the game. An excellent mix DJ StarBLaSt, and well worth the download.

• 2 months later...

Wow.. it took me ages to learn how to write/pronounce the title. But dammit this remix rocks. The vocal samples spreaded all over are too good to be true, and when you add a spectacular bassline and a great moody piano, you get a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET track. I´ve had this one for a long time and I never get bored with it. The screams that appear here and there sound so great that I get goosebumps... :D Well, the whole song has that effect on me. Great work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've liked this remix for quite awhile...

It's very ambient and energetic at the same time. StarBLaSt has a knack for merging symphonic arrangement with synthetic sounds and his style is very reminiscent of some of Sasha's newer work. The original version of this song is really cool, but I can't really picture it being turned into an upbeat tune, so this is definitely a good choice of style, and StarBLaSt pulled it off really well.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was a life-changing remix. I've heard the phrase 'victory means nothing, the fight is everything' many many times in my life. But this track started out with that, and then somehow seemed to explain it to me in intricate detail. Serious shivers.

• 6 months later...

As with most people, I can still remember the first time I heard this mix. It was several years ago, shortly after it came out, and before I began to regularly come to OCR. A buddy of mine is and always has been a big SF fan, so he sent this to me. There was one word he used to describe it: Epic.

I must concur.

Everything in this mix works so well together. I find that it's quite easy to get lost in this mix, and when you reach the last notes and the triumphant "Shoryuken", you're left with a tear in your eye.

This stuff is something special.

• 1 year later...

The intro was great, sounded movies like, not sure what the words were at the begining. The intro of the melody was perfect! The sound bytes worked well too. Again i could see this in a Street Fighter Movie, and no i don't count that crap Jean Claude van Dammne (sp?) did. Back to the song, this is a great mix and was very suprised to see that this was his first mix on OCR, sounds like someone who had been doing VG remixes for years.

• 1 year later...

Though not as transcendent as Star's more recent works, this was a pretty good indication of the awesomeness to follow.

While I would have like a kicked-up section in here, the hugeness of the soundscape fits the source really well, and even the use of samples, which normally grates on me something fierce worked pretty well.

Things are well mixed and though there isn't a lot of forward momentum, the song itself is more like a moment in time and as such is pretty beautifully captured.

• 1 year later...

The aura-like pads and the lonely piano make this eternally enduring like Ryu's fighting spirit. Meanwhile, the shaker percussion, bass, and lead-in elements create momentum without losing focus. 0:54 and 3:25 introduce distinct portions of Ryu's theme, though I would've liked to hear the rest of the source explored in this soul-wresting vibe. 4:46+ wraps everything up with an easeful pad, a piano string, and a Shoryuken that brings the world warrior to a new level of power and confidence.

• 4 months later...

The opening is really almost transcendent. I was wondering if this was going to stay in that mood, but when it picks up I'm not dissapointed. Things are a little soft spoken overall, but it makes it feel almost like a flashback. I like the string swells, though they might be a tad overused.

The sound effects are killing me, though. Yuck. I'd be much happier without them. Things also get a little long towards the end, I might have liked it to wrap up a little earlier.

Nice track, good stuff going on...except the sound effects.

• 1 year later...

The first ReMix I downloaded that wasn't a DKC2 one, and the first ReMix I truly fell in love with. Took me back to my many battles with Ryu on the Japanese rooftops and Marketplaces. The piano and the into draw you deep into the mix and then Ryu blasts you into the battle. I never want this song to end when I listen to it. An outstanding mix full of Hadokens, twists, Shoryukens, ambience and chilling beauty. Brilliant!

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00414 - Street Fighter II "Tatsumakisenputronic"
  • 5 years later...

Feels like an emotional tribute to the character and his many battles. The piano is lovely and it sounds reflective, which is a total Ryu thing. I also would have dialed back on the voice clips a little, but they add to the idea of the fighter’s memory nicely, so they still fit anyway. I like it.