OCR01973 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night "Wet Dreams"

djpretzel

It's great.

I just wanted to say that there's a little bit of extra treble in the high-end percussion, which, according to my experience and producer-headphones setup, is a common problem in many many songs really.

I like playing my songs loudly. And, in order to hear natural instruments (e.g. high notes of pianos and guitars) at their maximum quality -- by boosting up high-end EQ -- doing so primarily results in ear piercing, whenever there's such percussion 'in the way' in many songs out there.

It depends on the mindset and audio setup of the person, but I think that a tiny bit more tweaking and consideration for many artists will make for an always enjoyable listen.

Breath taking sound track ever listned to from OCR. I'd have to say this marks as my 1# favorite sound track (being mellow) on my Ipod that's for sure. The only thing that turned me off was at 2:33 with the strange growling noise and chain draging for a moment. Other than that, pure "ear candy" to me.

A+ must listen.

This is my favourite track off that collection. Maybe my favourite "smooth" Kunal track (favourite rockin' one is "The Bad Ending"). I've listened to it probably a thousand times already. I'm not sure, but I think I rendered the Rhodes for him 'cause the one he had originally wasn't as hoppin'. But either way, it's the arrangement here that is awesome. I love it. I LUB IT

Hm, how come I don't remember this track? Weird.

I also agree with Audity somewhat - I too had an issue with the high end on the drums being too loud.

Otherwise, this song has an interesting groove to it. It approaches the song in a more seductive direction with it focusing more on the guitar being played with a more spanish flair to it, if that makes any sense. A nice listen though!

• 2 years later...

I would love to know what it is about Castlevania songs that lend themselves so well to these kinds of funky, groovy ReMixes. But forget the details, as DJP pointed out, this does remind me a bit of Morse's work with the 'Vania stuff, but this sounds amazing. Smooth, with a bit of a dark creeping vibe to it, and throw in the spanish sounding guitar for good measure. A great days work for the symphony of the night.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01973 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night "Wet Dreams"