Yoshi's Island Ending sort-of-not-really WIP

Iggy Koopa

I've been working on this Yoshi's Island ending arrangement recently called Mr. Stork! May I Go Home… which you can listen to here. It's this thing I've made after a month of listening to pretty much nothing but Sigur Rós.

Anyway, unless you guys feel otherwise, I really don't think there are any glaring production errors. The real problem is, well, I don't have a guitarist and the whole piece pretty much hinges on the guitar performance. I don't think my synthetic guitars will cut it.

So, I don't know—give feedback. Be my guitarist, if you'd like.

Edit: Here's a tindeck link for all of you who don't like 2shared. http://www.tindeck.com/listen/gycr

I think this sounds awesome. The acoustic guitars really help bring the whole piece together and they sound great. I did a metal version of the boss theme just before this theme in the game, but i think flows nicely.

I can't really even comment on anything else you might need to do in this. Everything sounds great already. :)

On the guitars, obviously recording live would make it sound better, just by virtue of the thing, but really it all boils down to personal preference and how much more effort you feel like putting in.

I wish I could step up and volunteer to record for you, but I don't have an acoustic guitar on hand (and honestly I'm not all that good).

Good luck with wherever you take this!

Nice song. Flows very nicely and is really nice and peaceful.

It may not be the right sound you're looking for but I have some rather excellent nylon string guitar samples. I made a quick 30 second little diddy for you to listen to.

If you like it, or hell, maybe even just to see if you like it, you can always send me the midi file and I'll send you the track back (dry of course, I threw reverb on this cause it sounds nice =P)

I do have an acoustic, and even though the song doesn't sound too complicated, I'm not sure if I could give you a good recording...it's a very quiet song and unfortunately my dang computer is too loud =/

Anywho, here's the sample of the nylon strings: http://www.tindeck.com/listen/gdth

Oh MY GOD.

I have hearted this song since I first played the game, and i love your treatment of it.

I agree with Swann. I would say recording the guitar would certainly sound different, if not better, but it certainly depends on what you want to do. I still heart it. <3