Heroes vs. Villains (OC ReMix vs. The Bad Dudes) - History

Mustin

Lots of stuff has been going on with staff - we have lots of important things being dealt with currently, and that's not to mention a lot of us are pretty busy normally.

And Anso, if you don't see the issue, then I have nothing more to say, you've missed it and I don't think I can get you to see it when the scopes in the first post define one as a subset of the other.

Ok, let me clarify it a bit then - track overlap isn't the problem necessarily, but the fact that some of these people could've been helping them. So you have the situation now that people and funneled into a choice with the villians for Bad Dudes, and for the other project it's like "sorry, not helping, make do or die," which is one of the situations we want to control from happening for existing projects.

I'm not saying though that it's one project or the other in terms of running with approval and such - I'm trying to appeal to a more practical solution somehow. How that goes is up to the others hopefully.

Edit: I talked with SnappleMan some just now - I'll drop it, I've said enough of my piece, and I think I've done enough.

this pretty much sums it up:

There is unrest in the forest,

There is trouble with the trees,

For the maples want more sunlight

And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples,

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made.

And they wonder why the maples

Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,

And the creatures all have fled,

As the maples scream "Oppression!"

And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights.

"The oaks are just too greedy;

We will make them give us light."

Now there's no more oak oppression,

For they passed a noble law,

And the trees are all kept equal

By hatchet, axe, and saw.

it's more disrespectful to the BadAss project and those involved with it to suggest we hold their hands and carry them in our arms like little remixer babies than it is to tell them to sack up, get it together and get it done.

all this pussyfooting is making me uneasy. grow some damn skin.

out

IMO if someone was going to complain a bunch about this, they should have done so BEFORE everyone started signing up and it got popular.

Where were these complaints when I was making the potential tracklist for the project two weeks ago? If it wasn't a big deal then, claiming that it's a big deal now seems like people just want to spoil the fun everyone is having with this idea.

It was first brought up on Page 4, most everyone ignored the comment.

With respect to this, I think it's more an issue of managing release dates rather than one project helping out the other. If you release BadAss six months before Bad Dudes vs. OCR (or the other way around), and insert at least one album release in between, the overshadowing won't be apparent.

The real damage, in my opinion, is the apparently prevailing opinion that the Bad Dudes project will be "better" than the BadAss project (and will release sooner, will be bigger, etc.).

And I agree, this is about tribute to music, but marginalization of one group with respect to another because of the desire to slap the Bad Dudes name is not tribute - it's cliquish & alienization.

Why does our project marginalize BadAss? I definitely don't think it does. Maybe you think this project will be "better" and render their project marginal. Well, it's fine if you think that, but you have to realize when you think that, YOU are the one marginalizing BadAss.

Ok, let me clarify it a bit then - track overlap isn't the problem necessarily, but the fact that some of these people could've been helping them.

This statement could apply to all projects. Every project takes away people who could've helped with other projects. For example, I'm not doing the Wild Arms projects because I'm busy doing other projects. So why does our project specifically hurt BadAss in this regard and not other projects? There's no reason someone couldn't do both BadAss and Bad Dudes.

Track overlap you say? There's PLENTY of tracks to choose from, seeing as the scope of both projects spans pretty much every video game ever made. This isn't some Super Dodge Ball or something with only a few tracks.

If it's an OCR project it will be subject to whatever release schedule djp decides is best.

As for scope, it does differ slightly from being a strict superset of BadAss. While any villain theme is fair game for BA, HvV seems to have a more narrow focus towards archenemies, i.e. "final" bosses associated with the game's main protaganist. So there's a lot more room and flexibility for BA to explore more obscure or unique villain themes.

Jeez, I said I'm dropping it and people continue.

Most of you miss the point, but as I said, I talked with SnappleMan earlier and sorted exactly what I'm saying, and I felt like I did my part already after talking with him. Things are fine as is now, but it was a strong initial problem caused by the way this was started before things were refined.

Track overlap you say? There's PLENTY of tracks to choose from, seeing as the scope of both projects spans pretty much every video game ever made. This isn't some Super Dodge Ball or something with only a few tracks.

I agree with this 100%. Which brings me to the point of why nobody has suggested

[Mother 3] Lucas / Porky or Clause

=(

I really think there's way to much potential here.