Heroes vs. Villains (OC ReMix vs. The Bad Dudes) - History

Mustin

So, wassup dudes, I've finally started having a good portion of free time, & thought I'd post my 50 cent up in this piece. While I'm kinda saddened that there wasn't at least a heads up before this became official (I get pm notifications in my email), I'm okay with both projects existing. It's a bit of a kick in the ass, & that's always a good thing. Friendly competition & all that good stuff.

The one thing I do want to stress is the bias that seems to be fermenting. While it is kinda cool to be the underdog in this whole thing, there is no reason BadAss should be considered "those other no names"; rather, we should be held in the same esteem as anyone else in the community. We're just trying to do what we love, while making a tribute to what inspired us along the way. So, keep it awesome, & hold off on opinions on which will be better until at least the finished products are there.

So, wassup dudes, I've finally started having a good portion of free time, & thought I'd post my 50 cent up in this piece. While I'm kinda saddened that there wasn't at least a heads up before this became official (I get pm notifications in my email), I'm okay with both projects existing. It's a bit of a kick in the ass, & that's always a good thing. Friendly competition & all that good stuff.

The one thing I do want to stress is the bias that seems to be fermenting. While it is kinda cool to be the underdog in this whole thing, there is no reason BadAss should be considered "those other no names"; rather, we should be held in the same esteem as anyone else in the community. We're just trying to do what we love, while making a tribute to what inspired us along the way. So, keep it awesome, & hold off on opinions on which will be better until at least the finished products are there.

Very classy, sir, and well said.

OCR staff are often in the difficult, unenviable position of trying to make everyone happy at the same time, which Abraham Lincoln posthumously informs us is impossible, so when project leaders in particular can be understanding & good-spirited, it goes a long way.

Actually, Malcos and Dale North are doing Sonic series. I just didn't get it updated. Sorry.

(wish we had room for more Zelda - I enjoyed your LA mixes! [LA is my favourite Zelda])

Ah ok np - Well, since there is no zelda available what about streets of rage? Its cool for me to challenge someone with that right ;) no one has taken that from what I have seen :P

Links awakening was also my favorite zelda, altho i'm biased due to nostalgia :P

[God of War] Kratos / Zeus | ??? / ktriton

I challenge mkriton to kicketh thine buttox as Kratos!

The monster you created has returned... to kill you!

(wait, is the good guy supposed to say that?)

This has been said before and I mean no offense but the thought was to have prolific posted remixers representing OCR on this, right?

I need a list of who's left and stuff!

Remaining challenges on stand-by from the now STACKED Team OCR (OMG STAR):

[beyond Good & Evil] Jade / The Domz | Geoffrey Taucer / ???

[Grim Fandango] Manny Calavera / Hector Lemann | djpretzel / ???

[Metal Gear Solid] Solid Snake/Liquid Snake/Revolver Ocelot | Fishy & Nutritious / ???

[streets of Rage] Axel / Mr. X | Willrock / ???

OCR peeps who have expressed interest throughout this thread in participating (from memory, might miss some people):

suzumebachi

ff music dj (Haroon Piracha)

Star Salzman

Liz

tefnek

Bad Dudes who still need to claim a track: Kaijin, mellogear, Dhsu

11 matchups already set

Assuming the three remaining Bad Dudes each pick one track, that will be 14 tracks established for each CD.

Leaving room for maybe 1 or 2 Bad Dudes to take on a second track (hint hint djp vs Mazedude)