Sonic the Hedgehog 4

NNY

This one better have Dr. Robotnik and not Eggman.

Oh hell yes. Even better, let's make him the PRIMARY antagonist throughout the game, and not some flunkie. No more Dark Gaia, Chaos, BioLizard shennanigans (although fighting a metal sonic near the end could be nice).

Even though I really didn't mind Sonic Unleashed (If you slogged through it, the Eggmanland stage was actually pretty badass), I'm thoroughly stoked for this project.

Also, any chance we may see a return of the Death Egg as the final stage? Space Station Ark doesn't count....It had a pointy nose.

I actually did not mind Chaos much, it gave some bit of ancient feeling to Sonic Adventure.

This. Chaos I'll take as a decent opponent. But it's unlikely we'll ever see him as a villain again. Which is fine. Robotnik/Eggman can and should be the primary antagonist. Really, he works both as a serious and a comical threat, so there's no reason not to use him.

He's not quite as versatile a character as Bowser is, but he can work for just about any true Sonic game you can reasonably come up with.

This. Chaos I'll take as a decent opponent. But it's unlikely we'll ever see him as a villain again. Which is fine. Robotnik/Eggman can and should be the primary antagonist. Really, he works both as a serious and a comical threat, so there's no reason not to use him.

He's not quite as versatile a character as Bowser is, but he can work for just about any true Sonic game you can reasonably come up with.

Maybe it should be the way it was in Sonic Adventure.

I mean like, have Chaos destroyed as a servant of Eggman and then just totally ignore the whole Super Sonic vs. Chaos 7 part and have a Super Sonic vs. Giant Eggman Robot part.

Maybe they could bring back teh Super emeralds. ^^

It's about time Sega listened to what the fans want. 3D Sonic should have stopped after Sonic Adventure because it really was the biggest pile of shit i've ever played. They better not screw this up new game up with shit gimmicks.

The running levels in Sonic Unleashed were actually a step in the right direction, so I would hope they emulate some stuff from that into this game.

The running levels in Sonic Unleashed were actually a step in the right direction, so I would hope they emulate some stuff from that into this game.

I only played the Wii version of Unleashed and i thought it was terrible. I'm told the ps3 and 360 versions are much better. I really don't want to see any 3D parts in this. I'm kinda gutted that you can only play as Sonic though. They shouldn't have ditched Tails and Knuckles :/

I only played the Wii version of Unleashed and i thought it was terrible. I'm told the ps3 and 360 versions are much better. I really don't want to see any 3D parts in this. I'm kinda gutted that you can only play as Sonic though. They shouldn't have ditched Tails and Knuckles :/

I'd guess they would be making more cameo appearances like in 3D blast for the Saturn...

Which by the way had the best half-pipe bonus stages ever. :-P

It's 2D gameplay with 3D graphics.

They ditched Tails and Knuckles so they can show that they can make a game with Sonic as the only playable character.

I think i'd prefer it to be completely 2D though, but with really nice HD graphics.

Why? What's the point of HD if it's 2D sprites?

I could understand Blazblu, but Blazblu has 3D graphical aspects to it.

I think it would look better AND be easier to make if it was 3D. It would be ludicrous to ask Sega to individually hand-draw every high quality sprite.

Why? What's the point of HD if it's 2D sprites?

I could understand Blazblu, but Blazblu has 3D graphical aspects to it.

I think it would look better AND be easier to make if it was 3D. It would be ludicrous to ask Sega to individually hand-draw every high quality sprite.

I meant high quality graphics, like Warioland Shake. All those sprites were hand drawn and they looked amazing.

One of these days I want to commission a study of how a video game character with few if any considerable hits in the last 15 years and so much recent failure could still have such an influence where people keep waiting for his next game with this much anticipation.

Seriously, I find it grossly intriguing that Sonic's influence is still this strong.

One of these days I want to commission a study of how a video game character with few if any considerable hits in the last 15 years and so much recent failure could still have such an influence where people keep waiting for his next game with this much anticipation.

Seriously, I find it grossly intriguing that Sonic's influence is still this strong.

For me, Sonic was the first video game I ever played. My childhood was ok, but Sonic and the sequels seemed like they were the better times I remember. I can play those games today and they can still be enjoyable and challenging.

I think that's why there is such a loyalty to the first games and why there's such an outcry to see them return to that format.

Umm, if I may rectify a comment I made earlier, I will agree with those who said that Chaos made a good primary antagonist. Hell, it was kinda cool to find out why the master emerald was more important than merely holding Angel Island up in the sky, in that it also held a monster god of destruction. I guess I just kinda got sick of the idea of making Robotnik playing second fiddle to supernatural monsters who don't really interact with Mr. Sonic.

And as far as the arguement about Robotnik not being as menacing as Bowser, I'd like to point out that you don't get much more evil than kidnapping cute, lil animals and turning them into your robotic slaves. I think they should start with that angle when doing Robotnik or Eggman.

Only issue might be PETA controversy of the roboticizing of forest critters...