Sonic the Hedgehog 4

NNY

Just keeping it real here: I can understand the classic Sonic fans not wanting to read the current Sonic because it changed too much. I even stopped reading them for a while. Lately I've been subscribing, and thanks to my newfound interest in Sonic, I was able to witness this:

Sonic175.jpg

...Doesn't happen every day, folks.

Also, I've been picking up the Classic Sonic collections whenever they come out. I'm determined to grab every last Sonic comic I can get my hands on (That includes the Knuckles series, which I missed most of :( )

In regards to the challenge of people posting badnik concept art, I really hope someone does "Grounder" or "Egg Robo". These 2 simply have to make the cut, I believe.

And on the topic of the sonic comics, I actually never read a ton, though I do remember picking up the Sonic and Knuckles adaptation years and years ago, and reading the ever living hell out of that thing.

I used to read the Sonic comic all the time, I have all from 25-125ish plus all the 48-page specials and mini-series from around that time, and some from before that. I stopped for some reason, I don't remember why (probably money). Spaz was my favorite artist, BY FAR. ANd I do have to say, while I don't necessarily like Ken Penders drawing, I loved his inking. Spaz/Harvo was my favorite team, without a doubt. Remember issue #56? Super Sonic on the cover against Manic Magul (?). Wonderfully drawn. When I was younger, that cover actually made me start drawing free-hand trying to draw like that instead of just using tracing paper to "draw".

Also, this little bit at the end sounds promising.
In closing, some parting thoughts that expand on some comments we made in the last blog:

Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.

6976.gif

.hype is rising at extreme levels! Extra bonus...extra bonus...hmm.

Speaking of bonuses, I hope that the Special Stages are NOT a rehash of a previous ones! PLEASE, SEGA!

I'm tired of the gather-rings-in-a-linear-course (Sonic 2, Sonic 3D Blast--both versions, Sonic Advance 1, Sonic Rush...), and the run-around-a-flat-plane courses (Sonic CD, Sonic 3&K, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Advance 2)...

Edit: Finally found what I was looking for.

Something original, like this.

I still have my doubts really. With MM9 we knew Inti Creates and the minds behind classic Mega Man were behind it. With this, we're still in the dark about many things. Also considering Sonic Teams' track record recently... I am keeping optimistic though. I'm just hoping it's a lot better than Sonic Rush games.

Just watched the trailer on ign.

...I hope they have more impressive footage soon, what they show (and pictured above) doesn't look that good. The animation looked clunky... I just hope it was for the trailer and that's not how the game will actually play.

I am not disappointed yet, but this hardly gets my hopes up.

The retrospective looked nice, anyone notice how they used the beta sprite animation when they showed sonic 2?

I agree with Gecko and Neko. (hehe....rhyme)

I'm going to remain about as optimistic as I did for the other games, and hopefully (dear gods please) be pleasantly surprised come release time. So far what I've seen has me with better hopes than the last few games, but my spirit was crushed a long time ago concerning these games and its going to take alot to get it back up.