Sonic the Hedgehog 4

NNY

Oh, christ no. Artists should have no business going anywhere near a physics engine. It seems (again) that you haven't read properly, because the artists should do their own thing on their own side of the development office until the time is right to present their work to the programmers for implementation. Until then, they should be far, far away from the programmers, perfecting character design, story, and environmentals. The look of a game can be created without an engine, just like the engine of a game can be tested without visuals.

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken.

C ) Quite a few games? You mean quite a few terrible games that only sell well because of the ignorant masses, right? If anything, Sega's repertoire of games hurts your argument. Sega hasn't proven they could make a well designed and implemented game in 10 years.

Gee, you really think so?

And I don't understand how you can counter this with the fact that Sega/ Sonic Team wasn't directly involved with development of some of those games, because they're not directly involved with the development of this game either.

EDIT: In fact, your entire argument against Sega's ability to "make a well designed and implemented game in 10 years" is now irrelevant because we know that Sega is not developing it. Just sayin. :)

EDIT 2: Didn't feel like responding to A and B because C was too funny to ignore.

I wonder if it is literally "where sonic and knuckles left off" as in the game. Has that been mentioned before, and I wonder if it's even true.

And where did Tails and Knuckles go after that? I guess it's probably better not to ask.

Kind of neat if they really are going back to the old continuity though.

Ok I hate speccing so I'm going to run and hide somewhere until the game comes out and I can see/hear if it sucks or not.

I wonder if it is literally "where sonic and knuckles left off" as in the game. Has that been mentioned before, and I wonder if it's even true.

And where did Tails and Knuckles go after that? I guess it's probably better not to ask.

Kind of neat if they really are going back to the old continuity though.

Ok I hate speccing so I'm going to run and hide somewhere until the game comes out and I can see/hear if it sucks or not.

According to the website, it does pick up right where S&K left off

If Sega wants people to hold off all judgment until the game is out, then they should stop releasing trailers. The point of that video was to make us feel something about the game (hopefully something good). It's SUPPOSED to manipulate your feelings BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED. So, yeah. They show me footage, and I'm going to judge that footage. Don't act like you haven't, too, because if it made you happy, or in any way pushed you to buy the game, then you have.

Yeah, and if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'. It doesn't change the fact that this attitude should not be influenced by a little beta. Wait until it has been played!

wait did Jack see the part where it wasn't an official video

cause it seems like he's posting as if it were an official trailer and not some shaky-cam thinger

No, the official trailer had even worse animations; at least there was a hint of motion blur in the shaky-cam footage. My opinion still stands, though: those physics looked bad, and I'm really, REALLY hoping that Sega wises up and fixes that problem before release... although I'm not betting on it.

no he was too busy telling us we don't know how to read

In my defense, though... you weren't reading it right. ;)

I dont see what the big honkin hub-bub is about with the physics. I think the animations and motions are fine for, particularly for an early demonstration of a downloadable game... especially since I havent played it... especially since the game LOOKS like it's made by the team that did Sonic Rush... ESPECIALLY since I hear Sonic Team isn't 100% working on the title.

Like most Sonic games of late, it looks fine at first... and then you play it... and then you throw up in your hands.

Someone mentioned (maybe it was a sega exec?) that this game is placed directly after Sonic and Knuckles and so without being a complete asshat with shameless promotion, I'd like everyone who has a Wii to note that Sonic and Knuckles is finally available for download on Virtual Console.

Coincidence? I think not!

Think when there's a solid release date, I'll play through Sonic 3 and Knuckles right beforehand to freshen up.

So I was watching this video again, and I noticed some things. Right at about 1:03, when Sonic is coming back down from the loop, it looks like his legs are spinning in a blur, almost Sonic CD style. Also, I really don't think the jump is as floaty as everyone makes it out to be. In pretty much every platformer ever, the longer you hold the jump button, the more air time you get. It looks to me like the player is just holding the jump button for way longer than they need to. It's already clear they really don't know what they're doing based on the rest of the gameplay, so that wouldn't be out of the question. I'd say it's only a hair floatier than Sonic 2, really. Also, check out this screen:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/slideshow/sonic4zonesleak,0101-239122-0----jpg-.html

It looks like the thumbnail for splash hill shows a sunset, which looks to me like each act will have a pretty good amount of variety. I think this is going to be great.