Sonic the Hedgehog 4

NNY

You see? This is why we can't have nice things:

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-s-fanbase-is-now-eating-itself-169978.phtml#ext

So fricking pathetic. In fact, from this moment forward, I am going to manually disassociate myself from the Sonic fandom. Here on out, I shall be known as a gamer who happens to like some Sonic games, and that's it.

... did I really read the term "fuckbeans" in there? :lol::lol::lol:

For better or worse I'm geeked to try Sonic 4!

what exactly is the point of turning fucking into f*cking

is there one really impressionable Christian kid reading the internet who has seizures every time he sees a swear that isn't half-assedly censored

from this moment forward, I am going to manually disassociate myself from the Sonic fandom. Here on out, I shall be known as a gamer who happens to like some Sonic games, and that's it.

so instead of being in a group of people who like bad games you are just a guy who happens to like bad games

congratulations

I am eagerly looking forward to playing this game, but I have low expectations of it. The Sonic games I know have long since vanished and were a product of a specific time and a specific set of peoples. Even if you brought all the people who worked on Sonic 1 through S&K together, it still wouldn't be the same, as this is a different time.

I think the people making Sonic games (Dimps, in this case) just have to learn that we aren't looking for anything revolutionary in a Sonic game; we just want a simple, straightforward game design with depth in level design, not mechanics.

Take the leaked Lost Labrinth (Act 1), for instance. It's not necessary. We aren't looking for anything crazy. We don't need to be wow'ed with new level mechanics, or an intricate story, or a whole bunch of characters... we just want something simple and fun.

You see? This is why we can't have nice things:

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-s-fanbase-is-now-eating-itself-169978.phtml#ext

So fricking pathetic. In fact, from this moment forward, I am going to manually disassociate myself from the Sonic fandom. Here on out, I shall be known as a gamer who happens to like some Sonic games, and that's it.

Funny, I've done something similar with the gamers that proclaim themselves as "Hardcore".

I've gotten tired of these Sonic hater articles Sterling has been posting. It's ironic he complains about the complainers complaining about the new Sonic game. A part of the fan base doesn't like what they're doing with this new Sonic, big deal, an OVERALL majority of gamers seem to be fine with it, ecstatic even. Why keep giving what is more than likely a small annoying crowd, any attention? I guarantee half of these complainers will download the game on launch date.

I'm fine with them making a new 2-D Sonic, as long as it's a well made game, in terms of GOOD game play, not cinematic orchestrated cut scene fluff, actual solid game play, I'm fine with it.

no it's that they were never good to begin with

I still have no idea where you're pulling that shit from. They were good games for their time and are still fun to play to this day.....nostalgia-goggles or not. You can *think* they were never good games to begin with, and you're perfectly fine to *think* that.

There is a reason I spent hours of my childhood playing and re-playing the damn games.

who exactly is excited for this though?

i mean the people who haven't realized that sonic games have become terrible yet are complete idiots lets be honest with ourselves here

and on top of that the vast vast majority of people who have been paying attention to anything that has been leaked are completely unsatisfied with how the physics seem to work as well as the poor animation job that they've done (and its nigh undeniable that sonic's animations look unnatural at best

i haven't bought a sonic game since sonic 3 & knuckles on the pc and this game has not brought me anywhere near changing my mind

Hey, I had that for PC too. It's around here somewhere...

So I'm not the only one!

I even brought my copy to MAGFest for S&K composer Howard Drossin to sign!

I'd scan it, but it's at my parent's house.

Funny side-story: a lot of the music was changed for that version, and for whatever reason I didn't truly fall in love with the games until I played them on an actual Genesis some years later.

My initial play of S3&K (and shining force, vectorman, Sonic CD, and a few other sega games) were all on the PC as well, while I was a sophomore in highschool.

Not a HUGE amount of the music was changed between the console and PC versions,I'm kindof glad for what was though because if I had to go through the circusy level with the original music I might have gone insane.

There is a reason I spent hours of my childhood playing and re-playing the damn games.
nostalgia-goggles

daaahrrrr

Here is the challenge; find me a person who has never played any of the Sonic games for Genesis. Get them to play it. Ask them what they think of the game.

If they say anything positive about the gameplay itself, I will eat my hat.

Edit: I always laugh when people point out that my opinion is an opinion in a passive-aggressive way that seems to imply that they think that pointing out that I'm welcome to think something somehow makes my opinion more incorrect than theirs or vice-versa

When I was a kid I played Sonic 1 and 2 and I hated them because the graphics 'sucked' and the gameplay was too slow (The fastest thing alive just wasn't fast enough). Five some years later I bought the Mega Collection and I played through all 3 and loved them equally.