OCR Meetup: Las Vegas, August 2010: **PICS PAGE 43-44**

Monobrow

Yeah dude, there's no rush right now on hotels. When we know the "official" hotel that most people have agreed on to stay in, we will update the first posts and let you know. Not that you have to stay there, but if you want transportation, and for to not be a hassle to meet up with you etc. (some of us have cars) it would be best to wait and see what we pick first.

Flights, I am not sure how far ahead you can book. You can start looking any time, and I think the dates are finalized for the most part, but it still is about six months away... So I think it's best to wait just a bit.

I recommend:

AllegiantAir

If you live in one of those towns that goes to Vegas, you're in luck.

If not: Try SouthWest Airlines

By some strange coincidence, one of my best friends is having his bachelor party in Vegas on the weekend of August 7. If the meetup is, in fact, held at this time, it's potentially possible that I will run into some of you, but I doubt I will make it a point to meet you guys, given the whole bachelor party thing. No offense.

Then again, there are quite a few names on that list that I wouldn't mind meeting, maybe just for lunch or a drink some day. Put me down as a maybe, I guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. The WEDDING is on August 7 in DC. The bachelor party in Vegas is in late June. I definitely won't be at the meetup.

• 2 weeks later...

So just kinda bumping this...

and to inform everyone we won't be getting the 2 bedroom apartment like we wanted 'cos of our financial situation, BUT we're still wanting/willing to room people. If you want to do the Las Vegas Strip Hotel experience - that's kool too. This message just goes to those who want to room with us.

So just kinda bumping this...

and to inform everyone we won't be getting the 2 bedroom apartment like we wanted 'cos of our financial situation, BUT we're still wanting/willing to room people. If you want to do the Las Vegas Strip Hotel experience - that's kool too. This message just goes to those who want to room with us.

What's the official finalized dates, are they still as they are on the front post?

Also, anyone here have recommendations for accommodation? I am especially interested in learning about what the lodging and the transportation situation is going to be like so I can decide around where I'd want to stay. If I went I'd be sharing a room with my significant other.

If anyone who knows Vegas could leave some tips I would appreciate it.

Like has been said before, we will be figuring out the best deals on hotels. I think what would be better is for everyone to let us know their budget, so we can figure out the best hotel for the best buck. It would be preferable that we stay in the same hotel, or at least hotels that are very near to each other, so no one has to drive around and pick anyone up, or take cabs etc.

And yeah, afaik, that is the set date for now. AUG 7th-ish It's still FEBRUARY and this is in AUGUST, so it is all subject to change (though it most likely won't) but I just want to stress that it is still very early.

Much as I don't want to, I've been working finances, and to do what I want to in the next 1.5 years, I need to save every single penny outside of needed expenses.

In short, I'm pulling my tentative showing up. As much as I want to go, I have too many very expensive things entering my life soon.

• 1 month later...

While this is a little bit still up in the air, aim for Aug 7-12th. (Hotel users most likely will come in Aug 8th or 9th). From what I understand, Jordan and Jade only have room for certain pre-invited people to actually sleep over. Let's leave it to them to work out the details of that part.

Those that are getting in to stay with Jade and Jordan will be staying with them that weekend, such as Stevo (Sat 7th)

For the rest of us, the hotel prices will drop either on Sunday the 8th or Monday the 9th (which is when the rest of us will get in). We plan on staying until Thurs the 12th before the prices are hiked back up on Friday.

The rest of the plan so far is, whoever is coming to Mexico, drive or carpool to Ari's and my place on the 12th, hang out and rest, and then drive to Mexico on the 13th or 14th, and stay a couple days in Mexico (and probably drive back on the 15th or 16th)

Jade, I believe you know my situation, unless I can get a ride I'll have to take a bus down there.

If anyone is passing thru Texas, I'll need to arrange a rideshare with someone...I'll s;lit gas/food money...

Also, I would have to share a room with someone as I am extremely poor and probably can't afford my own accomodations by myself...I'll just have to see how much money I can have saved by the meetup date...but it isn't likely I'll have a whole lot.