Nerdapalooza 2011 (The Protomen, the Metroid Metal, Arm Cannon, brentalfloss, Mega Ran, and MORE!)

Ramaniscence

nerdapalooza.jpg

Orlando Airport Marrior in Orlando, FL (Right outside of the Orlando Internation Airport, MCO)

Saturday July 16th to Sunday June 17th (w/ Friday night pre-party)

Facebook event

Facebook Page

Nerdapalooza Official Website

Nerdapalooza Twitter

Nerdapalooza on Wikipedia

Check here for a list of airlines that flight into Orlando International Airport

Reverse your room here with the discount code nernera to receive the discounted rate of just $89/night!

Buy tickets TODAY while they're still available!

Never before have all the multifaceted sides of the d20 of Nerd Music come together for one amazing evening of dorky decadence! Chiptunes, Nerdcore Hiphop, Video Game Metal, Sock Puppet Rock, Dementia Parody, and anything else you can imagine a nerd playing on a keytar will be there.

Nerdapalooza is a full-service nerd music festival. As you can see above is features many different facets of nerd music that includes not only video game music and arrangements, but also nerdcore hip-hop and chiptunes as well a bunch of other stuff.

Previous community artists that have ALREADY performed at Nerdapalooza include:

Nerdapalooza 2011 Line-up

• Metroid Metal
  • Armcannon
  • brentalfloss
  • The OneUps
  • Schäffer The Darklord
  • The Protomen
  • Random (aka Mega Ran)
  • Adam WarRock with Tribe One
  • 8-Bit Duane and his Action Adventure World
  • The Amazing BrandO
  • Devo Spice
  • DJ RoboRob
  • Dual Core
  • The great Luke Ski
  • Insane Ian
  • Inverse Phase
  • Marc with a C
  • MC COOL WHIP
  • Random Encounter
  • Rappy McRapperson with MC Wreckshin
  • Sci-Fried
  • The Side Quest

In addition to video game music Nerdapalooza is also THE BIGGEST nerdcore hip-hop concert around. In 2009, Nerdapalooza marked the first time that the four major players in the nerdcore music scene (MC Frontalot, MC Lars, mc chris, YTCracker ) all performed at the same event.

A full list of artist's who have performed at Nerdapalooza's past is here: http://nerdapalooza.org/artists/

Nerdapalooza is similar to MAGFest in that it's a huge nerd gathering in a hotel, rocking out, and listening to some seriously sweet nerdy music. Nerdapalooza is DIFFERENT in that there are no panels, no other events at all, really. It's just music, and fun.

And in case you're wondering, Nerdapalooza is by no means a small event. It is QUITE major. Blender recently did a 3-4 page article on it.

Confirmed Attendees:

• Doug "The RamaSauce aka sgtrama aka The Ramaniscence aka Ramalicous aka the Master the Ancient Art of Rama Sutra" Arley
  • starla
  • Stevo "The Beard" Bortz
  • Valerie "Vilecat aka I need to think of a cool nickname" Legendre (awesome last name)
  • Brushfire
  • Ob "the" tuse
  • wild "flaming dong" fire

I don't think there can be an "official OCR presence" if it's strictly concerts...

I don't understand. DJP and Larry can show up, watch some shows, set up a booth and sell shirts? hex already wants to have tables and booths reserved specifically for sites like OCR.

Hex has already talked to Larry plenty of times anyway, though.

I don't understand. DJP and Larry can show up, watch some shows, set up a booth and sell shirts? hex already wants to have tables and booths reserved specifically for sites like OCR.

Hex has already talked to Larry plenty of times anyway, though.

Oh, it's more realistic in that case. You didn't mention in your post that there would be any booths or vendor space at all.

I'm reallyyy pushing for you guys to play this year but if you can't make it, you can't make it =\

I say keep pushing anyway -- the rest of the crew may be able to play without me.

Here's the deal: I'd have to fly to PA Sunday morning, so I could only play on Saturday. Also finances are looking like I'll be able to pay for travel to -- at most -- one OCR gathering (or anything else, for that matter) this summer, so I'm reluctant to pay to go to Nerdapalooza for just one day.

So on the off chance that you guys can pay for my travel and schedule the Xenotones to play on Saturday, I can swing it, but otherwise I just don't think it will be possible.

I say keep pushing anyway -- the rest of the crew may be able to play without me.

Here's the deal: I'd have to fly to PA Sunday morning, so I could only play on Saturday. Also finances are looking like I'll be able to pay for travel to -- at most -- one OCR gathering (or anything else, for that matter) this summer, so I'm reluctant to pay to go to Nerdapalooza for just one day.

So on the off chance that you guys can pay for my travel and schedule the Xenotones to play on Saturday, I can swing it, but otherwise I just don't think it will be possible.

Looks like Brandon can't go either, so who knows now =\

I'mma talk to John. We've gotta something going on this one, if possible. Last year, we had a scheduling conflict (Distant Worlds, IIRC, plus I had an all-important job interview for my current job). Now that I'm in Atlanta, I'm certainly closer to Orlando, and hoping to attend!

Very yes. Nerdapalooza is beyond awesome. More awesome people would be awesome :D

• 2 months later...

Ch-ch-ch-changessss.

SO hex just updated the Nerdapalooza 2010 event:

-Venue announcedd

-NEW dates

-Ticket prices.

The full lowdown is here: http://nerdapalooza.org/?p=286

The highlights:

Venue, Price, Changes, and MORE!

April 09, 2010 By: admin Category: Uncategorized

I want to start off with thanking everyone for being so patient for the announcing of the venue and apologize for it taking so long to finally get to this point. However, through it all, we are extremely proud to unveil the location of Nerdapalooza 2010.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Orlando Airport Marriott.

Located conveniently close to the airport, this will make transportation between the airport and the venue a non-issue with their complimentary shuttle service. The hotel was recently renovated so it feels and looks better than brand new.

[...]

The room that the actual Nerdapalooza musical event will take place in is the Grand Ballroom, which measures to be around 10,000 square feet – almost five times the size of the event area of 2009. This year we will return to a two-stage format.

[...]

Nerdapalooza attendees will also get a discounted rate in our beautiful venue. $89 a night will get you the amenities of a (X)-Star hotel with two Doubles or a King and the convenience of being only an elevator away from the festivities. To upgrade to an executive king will be $149 a night and to a one bedroom suite will be $169 a night.

[...]

The new date for Nerdapalooza 2010 is July 17th and 18th.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...