Vvvvvv

Dunther

VVVVVV is a strange title, huh?

Have you ever played this amazing indie game? It's a strange platformer where you can only flip the gravity; the graphics are 8 bit (Commodore style) but it has been relased only a week ago.

It has a great level design, a map and free exploration Metroid style, and its soundtrack is just superb (maybe I should request some remixes from it :D).

Official website:

http://thelettervsixtim.es/

Try the demo here:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TerryCavanagh/vvvvvv-demo

It's a little short, but really entertaining.

I'm definitely considering buying this, or at least the soundtrack.

To tell you the truth, I think that the soundtrack actually is worth the 4$ more than the full game is worth his 15$.

And you know why? Because it's a little short...Braid is cheaper, and ok, it's short too, but less then VVVVVV (and Braid is a fucking masterpiece).

Anyway, the gameplay is really addicting, and there are some stages (like

) that are really challenging. I love it :)

The Only one I needed help on was "Prize for the Reckless". Felt kind of dumb not figuring that one out.

Yeah, I had the same problem... :D

Vvvvvv for Vvvvvvendetta

lol

Also, that "you can only flip the gravity" description is a bit misleading; you can still control the character the way you would in a standard side-scroller (i.e. moving left and right).

Yeah, sure...I didn't write more because my english is not perfect :) anyway I think anyone that will try the demo will figure it, that's why I left the link :P

Currently finished my first playthrough with 15/20 trinkets, and will definitely go back for the remainder of them.

Go go go go, there are some more challenges if you take them all :D

This is pretty awesome, it's kinda like Metroid meets Braid, with the stylized 8-bit like music making for the perfect old-school feel.

Played the demo and am definitely sold that I would enjoy the full game, always nice when developers realize that a game doesn't have to be cutting edge, just fun, and in some cases, stylized. Anyone who grew up with NES platformers and likes puzzles and collecting is going to dig this.

After the recent Steam holiday sales (ie. Braid for $2.50), paying $15 for this seems a little high but, I imagine I will be grabbing it soon.

I'm currently at S in two time trials (Warp Zone, Tower) and V in one (Lab 1).

How the time trials work FYI:

4 possible ranks: V, S, A, B. Beat the par time, get all the medals, and have 0 deaths to get V rank, subtract one rank for each criteria you don't have. I'd advise getting all medals and finishing quickly for everything except Lab 2, where not dying is easier than getting all the medals (due to having to complete the Veni, Vidi, Vici! puzzle).