*NO* Battletoads & Double Dragon 'BattleRavers'

djpretzel

Wow. Feels like my speakers are gearing up to explode. Clipped to hell. Static high percussion drones on throughout, really makes it feel like it's dragging on and on. Some cool synths rockin' out the melody, but the crazy sfx and the clipped bass really make this one sound like someone made their first fruity loops song and turned off the default compressor. Way too loud, and doesn't really express much in the way of harmonic or melodic reinterpretation. The original is a very melodically driven piece, and this mix doesn't seem to do that particular aspect any justice.

NO

-D

:25 seconds in and i have already formed the opinion that this will be another cookie-cutter techno piece. painfully dry samples and repetitive boring intro led me to this conclusion, but will it hold up?

Sigh....i'm of the believe that nearly all the time, bass+drums+melody is not enough to make a listenable techno song.

the samples are dry, causing all the instruments to polarize and generally not cooperate with one another.

lots of work needed on making this a more sophisticated piece.

NO