OCR01221 - *YES* Mega Man 3 'Intro Jazz'

djpretzel

We would need to follow-up and get direct permission from 'Zoltan' - good flute, tho. -djp

Hello,

I am not the artist of this song, buy my friend Zoltan Vegvari, created it as a favor. He has given me permission to circulate his music.

The URL to the song is:

it is 5.7megs

A bit about Zoltan: He is from Hungary, and currently lives in the states. He is an accomplished jazz pianist, and fairily well known in the US among jazz enthusiasts. In Europe, he is extremely well known for playing jazz at large aristocratic events.

Jazz sometimes seems to many like "any music that has a few dissonant notes in it to make it sound different," or "all music that has a certain instrument set." I think this falls into the first of those statements, with a touch of the latter. Maybe I'm just being picky that the title calls the song "jazz" and yet I've heard maybe 2 jazz chords in the song. In addition, the encoding is fairly bad. It almost reminds me of music I'd hear when turning the TV on to the community channel, right before turning on the VCR 'cause it's set for channel 3. This is due partially to style, but a lot to the encoding and mastering 'cause it sounds like it's coming out of a TV with little to no stereo or bass.

NO

D

Hey! Good to see some jazz elements in a 'jazz' song for once.

Recording is not too great, mastering isn't either.

Second half of this song is really getting annoying. That flute, piano, and percussion is all meshed together and annoying.

Ugh, this song started out so good too...

Sorry dude, I dont much care for anything going on after 1:00. Aside from being pretty much a messy version of the original, it offers little except excess floody repetition.

NO

At first, the encoding was getting under my skin. I was considering rejecting this, until the drums and flute came in.

The hand percussionist is brilliant, whoever he is, he's got great technique and authentic tone production.

The piano isn't jazzy or anything, but it's energetic, dynamic and just plain money.

The flute is played with emotion and energy, and really lends a human touch to the tune, something that few if any OC Remixes possess.

Honestly, the encoding is a minor detractor, and it even adds an air of live performance to the track. A lot of live CD's I have from big time bands like Sublime and radiohead sound like this. Very "recorded on the spot". It's gritty, it's aurally visceral, it's raw. I love it.

YES

-D

Microphone check, biatch!

Score another one for the unconventional 'mix (who wage their constant battle between TEH TECHNOxorz!)

Wonderfully exotic in terms of genre and it's rarity in the OCR library. The recording is certainly going to rub people the wrong way, but 2/3 of the way in, my ear adjusted, and I was a-rockin'.

Beyond the microphone made of a tin can and string, I can't think of any reason on heaven and earth why this shouldn't pass.

YES

I'm surprised Protricity was the first to comment on the clipping. It's quite obvious and disturbing, early on in the mix.

This is tricky. There's a bunch of production flaws here, like the recording quality, everything sounds far off. But the arrangement, concept and execution can't really be denied. Very unique and I too love the pan flutes. Dig the hand percussion also. Despite a lot of flaws, this is still great work, YES.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...