Quick question on Windows 7

Meteo Xavier

I backed up ALL my files on a terabyte before I installed Windows 7 because I was under the impression Windows 7 would be like a reformat from XP. I come to find out ALL those files are still on here, including the Program files, in a folder called Windows.old.

I want to just toss all those files so I can get back about 70GB on a 500GB hard drive, because I already have them backed up, but because I don't even know how It crashed in the first place, I'm, hopefully, justifiably nervous in fucking around with more things I don't know about yet.

Is it safe to just trash those files?

Hey Meteo. If you have backed up all the files you need and have no intention of going back to an XP setup, then you should be safe to delete that Windows.old folder.

If there is anything in Windows.old that you have yet to back up, do that, it might be worth double checking to make sure everything important is safe. I deleted my Windows.old on my upgrade from Vista, and nothing unexpected happened.

I have had no problems with windows 7, it's light on resources and has some good features vista didn't have. Enjoy!